Chapter 28

Amir's Pov

"Argh," I groan softly, faltering midair. We're on our way back to the city to protect the people.

"Amir?" Qamar asks, grabbing onto my arm to keep me up. "What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know," I mumble, clutching at my eye. "My eyes..." I squint as I look around me. Things are becoming blurry.

"Do we need to land?"

"No, I'll be fine," I smile tightly at him and begin to fly on my own again. Could I.. be going blind again? I quickly shake my head to rid myself of the thought. He doesn't try to pester me about it but continues to fly closely to me. Soon we are above the city again.

"Give me back my son!!" We hear a shout. Moments later, Alibaba and Aladdin are both speeding past us to help the woman known as Scheherazade. My eyes go wide when I see the blood on her. Alibaba makes quick work of the attacker and lands beside her.

"Dammit!" Alibaba curses. "I can't use my fire here or else the people from the city will get in the way!"

"I'll use my wind magic to push the black djinns out of the city!" Aladdin says, holding his staff up. His faces falls in defeat when he sees it. "My staff is..." Qamar and I land next to them.

"You can't try to use magic with a broken staff. It's not stable enough and you could easily hurt the people around us," I tell Aladdin. He lowers his staff with a defeated look.

"What should we do then?" Alibaba asks. I don't get to answer as the wind picks up and the black djinn are dragged out of the city.

"Paimon!" A woman shouts from above us. I look up to see five people in their djinn equips.

"Hakuei!" Aladdin shouts happily as he flies up to her. We quickly follow him.

"Aladdin! Why are you here?" She asks him in surprise.

"Is he someone you know? H-How are you related?" A younger man with horns asks her.

"He saved my life," The woman named Hakuei tells him, smiling gently.

"Kougyoku!" Alibaba is next to shout.

"Alibaba!" She greets him excitably.

"A-Alibaba!? You're talking to an enemy general, you know! Why are you so over-familiar!?" Kouha shouts at her.

"Well, Kouha, it's because we're good friends," She responses simply. "In any case, our enemy is that absurdly big, black sphere and that thing above it, right?"

"Yes!" Aladdin nods. With that, we all move into action. The fight drags on with us hardly making any progress due to the overwhelming number of black djinn. Soon Kouen becomes a bit too irritated and uses up most of his magoi on his last attack.

"To think that he could disperse six of the black djinn with just one blow," Aladdin says in awe.

"But look! His djinn equip isn't there anymore. Is he out of magoi!?" Alibaba panics.

"No, he's switching his Djinn equip," The man with horns on his head says.

"Pierce through the Earth, Agares!" Kouen shouts. I watch wide eyed as Kouen makes his own source of magoi.

"A lava flow," I say in shock. "He stimulated the veins of the Earth," Kouen quickly switches djinn equips again, a smirk on his face.

"But why?" Alibaba asks.