Chapter 20

Amir's Pov

"Well then, I will announce the results of the last dungeon conquest to the Eight Generals," Ja'far speaks. My father, the eight generals, and I have all gathered together to have a meeting. Sadly, I have to attend these boring things since I'm the Prince. The whole time I barely pay any attention.

"What did we gain?" My father asks once Ja'far stops speaking.

"Around 24 dungeon items, three million in dinar, and a dark metal vessel from the organization. Also, one of the users of such a tool, that Princess from the Mustashim Kingdom, is presently being confined inside the royal palace." Father nods, taking in this information.

"Everybody, I need your attention," Father says. "A big ordeal will probably befall this country before long but fear not. Because I've gathered so much strength to overcome such an ordeal to protect Sindria. And now, we are continuing to gather even more strength. I'm sure, that we will be able to get it with our hands as well because the world we continued to wish for is our destiny, itself!" All the generals smile brightly at my father. I just shake my head and silently leave the meeting room.

"Amir?" I hear a very familiar voice. "I thought you were in a meeting?" Hakuryuu asks as he walks up to me.

"I was but I got bored," I say bluntly. He chuckles softly at this.

"Then can we talk?" I frown a little but nod. He shyly takes my hand in his own. "Let's go somewhere more private," He leads me out of the palace and towards a beach.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask once we make ourselves comfortable on the sand. His rukh quickly turns bright pink when I question him. I tilt my head a little, confused as to why he is blushing so much.

"I-I umm..." He trails off and begins to fidget. "I just wanted to tell you something." I just nod, waiting for him to continue. "I..." He sighs before mumbling to himself. He suddenly takes my hands in his, holding them close to his chest. My face begins to turn a little pink. "Amir, I really like you," He blurts out. My eyes widen and I'm pretty sure my mouth fell open.

"W-What?" I stutter. I try to pull my hands away, but he doesn't let me.

"I've liked you for a long time now. Since the first time I saw you actually," He smiles softly at me. I frown a little at this.

"Since you first saw me? You mean when you told everyone my secret?"

"O-Oh. Um yes," He looks down at that. "I think I fell in love with your eyes that day. I couldn't stop staring at them. I think that's why I picked up on your secret so fast."

"You... you like my eyes?" I mumble, my face turning bright red.

"I love them," He says as he looks me in the eye. "They're really dark. A dark blue." His smile widens as he looks at my eyes, at their color.

"A-And you like me?" I whisper softly. He nods quickly.

"I've wanted to tell you so many times, but every chance I got someone would interrupt us."

"When we were heading to Zagan..." My eyes widen in realization. "You were going to tell me then, weren't you?" He nods shyly.

"Hakuryuu," I start but trail off, looking down as I don't know what to say. His grip on my hands tighten a little.

"Does this mean you don't like me back?" He whispers. I quickly look up.

"N-No!" I bite my lip. "I just... I'm not good at this stuff." I notice that he glanced down at my lips.

"Just tell me how you feel." He leans in a little closer to me.

"I... I think I really like you too," I say softly. He smiles brightly at me.