Chapter 26

Amir's Pov

"Everything is as I told you, Aladdin," Lord Mogamett says to him. Lord Mogamett had me go wake Aladdin up after Titus passed out. I assume it's because he is Titus' friend and he felt Aladdin needed to know this.

"Titus," Aladdin looks at the sleeping boy in shock. "That's impossible!" He shouts, completely forgetting that Titus is asleep. I glance at said boy to make sure we aren't disturbing him. Luckily, he didn't seem bothered by Aladdin shouting.

"Returning Titus is just a simple pretext for Scheherazade," Lord Mogamett sighs, crossing his arms. "She is focused on the Kou Empire that lies beyond Magnoshutatt. I tried to talk with her and confirmed that. It's fine if you choose to follow either Kou or Laem... or leave Magnoshutatt to be swallowed by the war. Tomorrow morning, I intend to tell everyone the same thing. But before that, Aladdin there is something you wanted to ask me, right?" I frown a little at this, looking at Aladdin who seems oddly serious.

"Chancellor, who taught you about the ways to create black djinn? Are you allied with Al Thamen?" Aladdin asks.

"Oh. Aladdin, you know Isnan, too?" Both Aladdin and I gasp at this.

"Then you are allied with them?" I ask, glaring at Lord Mogamett.

"We collaborated with Isnan and advanced in all of our researches in order to give birth to a power that could oppose the Kings of the Goi," Lord Mogamett admits.

"You and Isnan created the black metal vessel!?" Aladdin shouts.

"Yes," He nods. "But we cut our relationship with Isnan and his group. Isnan, of all people, distributed those black metal vessels among his Goi subordinates. I couldn't allow such a thing. I also came to know Mustashim's Princess was secretly among them. I cannot give the Goi power to become a King, no matter who he is." I let out a quiet sigh of relief. If Magnoshutatt was still allied with Isnan, with Al Thamen, then I would have to cut ties with my grandfather.

"That's why you cut your relationships with them but in the past, you were allies. And now it's different, right?" Aladdin asks.

"We are not enemies but the agreements we made several years ago were broken and they left. They have not contacted us since then. Were you only concerned about that?"

"Why did you give the magic items to thieves?" Aladdin asks after a minute.

"We sold them. I was considering, in the near future, mass producing magic items and selling them to other countries to obtain funds. I just give those prototypes among the inferior goods as trial runs for those who wanted them." I look at Aladdin, frowning when I see how angry he's becoming. I don't blame him though. A lot of horrible things happened because of those magic items.

"Because of that a lot of people are getting hurt. But I'm sure you would say it doesn't concern you because they are not Magicians." Aladdin glares up at Lord Mogamett, clenching his fists tightly.

"The ones I want to protect are the Magicians. Not the Goi," Lord Mogamett nods.

"Chancellor, you are a suitable King. But only for the Magicians!" Aladdin shouts at him. My eyes widen in shock.

"You are a Magician, too," Lord Mogamett points at him. "You, Titus, Amir, Irene, Myers. I worry for all of the Magicians, and I would never lie to them! I want to protect this country. And in order to do that, I want you to lend me your power, Aladdin. Please." Aladdin stares at him in shock. So, this is why he wanted to speak with Aladdin. To ask him for his power.