Chapter 16

Amir's Pov

"It's a creature of the southern sea! A creature of the southern sea has appeared!" My eyes snap open in panic when I hear the shouts. I quickly climb to my feet, looking around wildly. Every time one of these monsters shows up I always feel panicked and scared.

"Leave it to me!" Pisti says from above me. I look up to see her flying on a large bird. I relax slightly, knowing the sea creature won't be able to do anything with her around. Soon she tamed the monster and it left without causing any damage.

"As expected," A sailor speaks. "As long as we travel together with Pisti, we'll be safe."

"Amir?" Hakuryuu asks from behind me. I quickly turn to look at him, still feeling a bit jumpy. "Are you okay? You look pretty shaken up."

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine," I nod slowly, taking deep breathes to calm myself down.

"It's not like you to be so scared," He comments, tilting his head a little. I frown at this. He's right, but I can't help but to feel scared.

"I can't control how I feel when I'm around those monsters," I answer him quietly.

"Why?" Hakuryuu hesitates to ask, most likely not wanting to upset me. I chew on my lip a little before looking at him.

"Because those things are the reason I'm blind." His eyes go wide in shock.

"O-Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." He trails off.

"It's fine, Hakuryuu. It's not a secret anyway," I shrug it off. I slowly lower myself back onto the deck where I was taking a nap. Hakuryuu silently sits beside me. Together we watch Alibaba and Aladdin ride on a couple of dolphins. I smile faintly as I watch Aladdin have fun. It always calms me when I see how relaxed he can be.

"You love him, don't you?" Hakuryuu quietly asks me. My whole body stiffens at the question.

"What are you talking about?" I ask coldly.

"I've seen the way you look at him. How you act around him. It's pretty obvious actually." I turn to look at him, glaring a little.

"Don't you dare tell anyone," I hiss in a whisper.

"I won't," He answers quickly. "I just wanted to know if it was true." He looks down to his lap. I narrow my eyes as I look over him. He seems so disappointed for some reason.

"Why did you want to know something like that?" I ask in a gentler tone of voice. His rukh is quick to turn a pale pink.

"U-Um personal reasons?" He shutters. I stare at him, slightly confused before I shrug a little.

"Okay." I look back towards Aladdin. Both Alibaba and Aladdin are drying off from their swim.

"I-I'm going to help the crew finish cooking!" He quickly scurries off. I don't say anything as he leaves, but instead look towards Aladdin and Alibaba.

"Ahh, that was a good swim," Alibaba grins.

"It was incredibly fun!" Aladdin nods, trying to dry his long hair with a towel.

"Really that's great!" Pisti smiles brightly at the two.

"Yeah, thanks Pisti...?" Aladdin slightly questions, tilting his head a little.

"Shouldn't you call me Miss like you do with Yamu?" Pisti innocently asks.

"Miss, you say?" Aladdin asks in confusion.