Chapter 19

Amir's Pov

"Where am I?" I groan softly as I sit up.

"Amir!" I hear Aladdin gasp. "You're finally awake!" He jumps onto me, hugging me tightly. I wince a little and my face begins to burn red.

"W-What?" I stutter, trying to get out of his grasp.

"You've been asleep for a while now," Hakuryuu says. I jump a little, looking over to him. I notice that he is frowning as he stares at Aladdin.

"Oh." I frown a little. "How is everyone doing?"

"Everyone is fine," He looks up to meet my eye, smiling faintly. I return the smile before looking back down to Aladdin.

"Aladdin? What's wrong?" I manage to pull him away far enough so I can see his face.

"I..." I notice a faint blush on his cheeks. "I was just worried is all." I nod, deciding to not push for any farther explanation.

"Where are we anyway?" I question.

"We're almost to Sindria. We will be arriving in a few minutes," Hakuryuu informs me. My eyes go wide and I quickly move to stand up. I rush around to make myself presentable after kicking Aladdin and Hakuryuu out. Soon someone is knocking at the door.

"Amir, we're here!" Hakuryuu calls. I open the door and nod.

"Okay. Let's go then," We walk up to the deck, joining everyone else.

"It's the dungeon conqueror!" People begin to cheer. "Blessings to our heroes!"

"You did well, Alibaba," A voice sounds when we get off the boat. I quickly turn to it to see my father. I frown a little when he doesn't even look at me.

"Sinbad!" Alibaba rushes up to him.

"You accomplished the dungeon quest and returned safely!" Father grins at him.

"Yes! Hakuryuu obtained Zagan!" Alibaba informs him.

"I see," Father trails off, lost in his own thoughts. "Well congratulations. Now, come on! Let's prepare a banquet! Blessings to the heroes!" The people begin to cheer louder at my father's words.

~Later That Day~

"Father," I say as I approach him. Since we have returned, he has yet to say anything to me. He's gone back to completely ignoring me and sadly, I'm not even a little surprised.

"Yes?" He sighs softly as he turns to me.

"I'm sorry," I bow my head in shame. "I failed to protect everyone in the dungeon. I was completely useless."

"I know," He says after a long moment. "But do not apologize. The mission was too much for you. I should have been aware of that." With that he walks away as I shake in anger. I decided not to say anything though. Instead, I go looking for Hakuryuu.

"The feeling I conveyed to you before I went to the dungeon have not changed," Is the first thing I hear as I approach Hakuryuu who is talking with my father. My mood sours a little more. Of course, my father is going to be here.

"I apologize, but Sindria has no wish to fight against the Kou Empire in the near future," Father says.

"I-It's alright if you don't do so right now!" Hakuryuu says in a hurry. "I just hope that, when the right time comes along, you might become the shield that will watch my back."