Chapter 21

Amir's Pov

I glance towards Hakuryuu and Morgiana who are talking privately. Princess Dunya's funeral had just ended and they both walked away to talk for a moment. I continue to stare in confusion when Hakuryuu's rukh turns pink. His rukh often looks like that when he talks to me. I wonder what they could be talking about?

"Amir!" Aladdin says, gaining my attention. I quickly notice that Yam is with him. I still have yet to call her my mother.

"Yes?" I don't even glance at Yam.

"Where have you been the past few days? You completely disappeared," He frowns at me. I look down, feeling a little guilty for ignoring him for so long.

"I've had a lot on my mind is all," I say softly.

"Oh. Want to talk about it?" He smiles softly at me.

"Maybe later," I say before I walk away to prepare for our journey.

~~The Next Day~~

"Keep in contact with this stone, Aladdin," Yam says to Aladdin. "This is called the Eye of The Rukh. It's a magic tool with my long-range clairvoyance embedded in it. If we have the same type of magic tool, we can communicate with each other even if we are in different places. Its range depends on the quantity of magoi of the people using it but, considering that it will be the two of us, we should be fine even for a Sindria to Magnoshutatt communication," She explains to him.

"You are important guests to me. So be sure to return safe and sound," Father speaks to him next. I notice that both Yam and Father are smiling fondly at Aladdin.

"Yes. I will be back for sure," Aladdin smiles at the two.

"Yam," I speak up. She looks at me in shock, which is understandable. I haven't talked to her since she told me the truth. I haven't known what to say.

"Yes, Amir?" She walks over to me. Everyone seems to be watching us for some reason. They most likely are because I've been avoiding her.

"I've been thinking a lot the past few days and I don't think I can forgive you or Father. I don't know if I ever really will," I say in a firm tone. She looks down in disappointment, but I continue anyway. "But, I still love you," I smile softly at her. "You've always been like a mother to me and you always will be."

"Does this mean?" She looks at me hopefully.

"Yes," I nod slightly. She quickly wraps her arms around me, holding me tightly.

"I love you so much Amir and I'm so sorry," She cries softly. I hug her back gently.

"I love you too, Mom," I faintly hear multiple gasps of shock from around us through Yam's happy cries.

"Wait what?" Sharrkan questions in confusion. I slowly pull away from Yam who begins to clean her face.

"Yam, can I?" She nods, smiling nervously at me. I look towards Sharrkan with a happy smile. "Yam is my mother. My birth mother," I chuckle softly at the face he makes.

"Wow really!?" Aladdin bounces up to me. "That's amazing!" He grins. I can't help but to grin back.

"Alright, it's about time you all left," Father finally speaks in a clearly upset voice. I just nod in agreement and make my way onto the ship. I don't have anything to say to him yet. The others soon follow me and we set out on our journey.

"So why didn't you tell me that Yamuraiha was your mother?" Hakuryuu asks in a dead voice, void of any emotion. I raise an eye brow at this as I look up at him.

"I didn't know," I simply reply. He continues to stare at me, but now in confusion and soon Aladdin and Morgiana are as well. I sigh softly at them before explaining. "I overheard Yam- I mean Mother and Father arguing about it a few days ago. Mother decided to tell me against Fathers wishes."

"It's kind of weird hearing you call Yam Mother," Aladdin says.

"Yeah. It kind of is," I chuckle softly. "But, I'm glad that she is my mother."