1. The Beginning of Us

I was walking to my workplace on a hot, July evening with one goal. I wanted to quit. I was too busy with different activities and such that I couldn't really put my all in my job as a barista.

At least that's what I told myself. In reality, all I did was sit and watch YouTube videos at home with the occasional walk in the park. I know, I know... it's stupid of me to be too lazy to keep a job, but like...ya...you know...maybe I really don't have an excuse.

But my mind changed right when I walked through the doors of the café that I worked at for about a year. I spotted the girl I've been seeing on the streets randomly for the past couple of weeks. I didn't really pay much attention to her in the beginning, but this time, it's different for some reason. Why is she sooo pretty? Ugh. NO. I'm not falling in love with a girl I haven't even talked to.

"Excuse me. I'm ready to order," the girl with brown hair told me. 

WAIT. What? SHIT. SHIT. I accidentally wore my uniform out of habit. I just stood there looking like an idiot while trying to process what to do next. 

"Hello?" the REALLY pretty girl questioned, waving her hand at me.

 "Oh, yes, what would you like?" I said while trying not to act hella awkward. 

"Shit, you're prettier than I thought you were...." was all that went through my mind. 

She then looked at me shyly while saying, "Umm...thanks??"

 Wait, what...did she hear me....?

 She laughed at me with the prettiest smile and said, "Hmm, I'm assuming you thought you said that in your head...but...what's your number?" "Oh, and my name is Chaeyoung, but you can call me Chaeng." 

OH. MY. GOD. Did she just ask for my number?

[Jennie]

I was staring at my beautiful girlfriend Chaeyoung, while blanking out AGAIN. Damn. How'd I get soo lucky. Literally, all I did was act stupid in my old barista uniform, then BAMM. This one heck of gal asked for my number.
"Can you stop staring at me while I eat?" She shyly told me while giggling. 

"Oh right. Sorry 'bout that," was all that came out of my mouth while I was stuffing my face with my salad, trying to hide the fact that I was staring at her, even though she obviously already noticed.

~~~~~

We were walking back home, hand in hand, while looking at the big, Californian palm trees. 

"You know, I'm really thankful for you," I said after a bit of comfortable silence.

 "Why are you acting soo mushy today, it's weird...." Chaeyoung muttered with her cute little smile. "But I love and am really thankful for you too." 

AGHHH MY HEART.

 We've been dating for about a year and a half now, yet she still makes my heart flutter every day. I'm soo whipped.

————
This is my first story, so leave comments and I hope you enjoyed!