11. Find You

[Jisoo]

For the past couple of weeks, I've been extremely anxious. I know at any second, Chaeyoung could teleport me to another dimension. In the meantime, I have been reading and researching a whole lot on different dimensions and teleportation. I also found this really weird pen looking thing in one of my grandma's dimension books, but I'm still not very sure what it even is.

~~~~~

*FOUR DAYS AGO*

Finally getting to the hundredth page of the book, I found a small pen-shaped item that had three buttons on the side of it. Carefully expecting the pen-like item, I pressed the top button. A large hologram suddenly popped up into the air. It had two blanks to enter in names. Filling in the blanks with Park Chaeyoung and Kim Jennie, I pressed the middle button. Wavey lines were showing up on the hologram, but I still had no idea what was going on. Now pressing the bottom button, an eye symbol replaced the wavey lines. Turning off the pen thing, I sat on my bed completely bewildered. What does any of this even mean?

~~~~~

And here I am today, still going back to the device, pressing on the buttons every so often. To be honest, I am a bit worried about Chaeng. She tends to get a bit antsy whenever she gets nervous, but I think she'll pull through...right?

The most annoying part of all is that I always have to keep the books and weird device thing on me at all times. You never know when I'll be gone, and I sure don't want to leave essential things behind. I only get to keep the items that are on me at the time I get transferred. Even when I'm in the shower, I have to put the items in a Ziploc bag and hold onto them like my life depends on it.

[Chaeyoung]

Driving down the windy road in my 1969 Ford Mustang, I headed my way towards Jisoo's supposed diner. I had no idea that I was even rich enough to afford a car like this, but apparently, in this dimension, my parents were extremely rich and gave this car to me a couple months back as a birthday gift. In 2019, I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler, which compared to this Mustang, makes me feel a whole lot worse about myself....

Rolling the windows all the way down, I took in several deep breaths of the fresh air. The scenery was very different compared to 2019 Cali. The way people dressed would be considered hideous nowadays. Everything was just a whole lot weirder, and even being here for a couple of weeks doesn't help with adjusting to it. One time I was talking to Seulgi and accidentally said 2019 slang words to her, which completely boggled her mind.

~~~~~

*EIGHT DAYS AGO*

"Yeah, so this guy came up to me and tried to ask me out!!" Seulgi says while munching on her sandwich.

"How long did he even know you for?" I asked.

"Zero minutes. He literally just walked up to me and straight up asked me that question.." She said with wide eyes.

"Damn..that's lowkey sus...he's probably just hella thirsty..." I said, playing with my food.

"Wh—what...did you just say??"