8. Kai

[Jennie]

Holding her body close to me, I kept on crying. Her hands were rubbing my back, comforting me. The only thing that was heard was my sniffles. I didn't want to let go, not now. I'm afraid that if I do, she'll be gone. We can discuss our argument later, but right now, I just want her.

I don't want her to ever leave me.

I can't even imagine a life without her.

"P—please don't leave m—me....j—just—"

"Hey..it's ok...I just got home...I didn't know you missed me that much.." A man said with a slight burst of laughter.

Pulling away swiftly, I started to back up.

"Wh—who are you???!!" I said with a trembling voice.

"What do you mean baby?" The man with grayish-blonde hair asked with a chuckle.

Starting to panic, I accidentally backed up into a vase, knocking it over. Pieces of ceramic flying everywhere.

"Watch out watch out!" The man quickly went up to me and grabbed my waist, pulling me towards him.

"No! No! Get away from me!" I yelled, trying my best to push him away.

Leaving him with no choice, he lifted me up over his shoulder, carrying me to the couch.

"Stop! Put me back down!! I yelled while punching his back.

Throwing me softly onto the couch, he pinned my arms back.

"I don't know what's wrong with you right now, Jen," he says looking straight into my eyes while holding my arms down.

"C—can you please let go of my arms??" I asked without making eye contact.

"You promise to not freak out?"

Slowly nodding my head, he finally let go of me.

"Ummm...what's your name?"

"Jennie, what do you mean? We've literally lived together for two years.." He said while sitting down on the coffee table in front of me.

"J—just tell me..please.."

"Okkaayy...well I'm Kim Jongin...or you can also call me Kai. There. you satisfied?? Now let's stop pranking me and clean up the mess you made," he said, starting to stand up and find a broom.

Following him around the house, I began to ask him more questions.

"Where are we?" I asked behind him while he started to sweep the ceramic aside.

"We're in our penthouse located in New York City...okay, I'm being serious right now. Can you like actually help me out here?" Jongin said while sweeping the last bits of ceramic into the dustpan.

"Here, make yourself useful and throw this in the trash for me please," he says while handing me the dustpan filled with the remains of the vase.

Grabbing the dustpan, I ran into the kitchen to dispose of the vase.

Heading back to where Jongin was, I looked out the window to see...