3. Fortune Cookie

[Jisoo]

"Come here Dalgomie! Let's go on a little walk with Jendeuki." 

Of course, he wouldn't listen, so I had to chase him down to attach the leash to his collar. Dalgom is the most bratty dog I know, but I love him for that. I live by myself near Venice beach in a small apartment, so Dalgomie always fills in that missing presence that I need at home. Even though he is one heck of an annoying dog, he's MY annoying dog, and I love everything about him.

I was getting ready when my phone started exploding with notifications.

—Jendeuki—

OMG. You said 15 minutes, and it's been like thirty minutes already. What's taking you so long.

Being the great friend I am, I didn't respond. I just left her on read. I mean, I'm going to see her in a sec anyway, so like, why should I respond?

I quickly grabbed my purse, keys, and of course my Dalgomie before I bolted out of the house, hoping Jennie wasn't extra mad that I didn't respond to her text message.

I hastily walked around Venice beach until I saw her watching a street performer. The street performer was maybe around the age of 20. She had long yellowish-blondish hair, and she had awesome dance moves. And....she's...ummm....kind of hot. But, I'm not here for her, I'm here for Jennie. I walked up to Jennie, putting an arm around her shoulders, which startled her.

 "When did you become such a scaredy cat, Jennie Kim?" I jokingly told her.

 "And when did you become even more annoying, Kim Jisoo?" she huffed. Ouch. But, that's just the way we talk and joke around with each other. I know she loves me.

We were walking around different shops and performances while admiring the beautiful setting sun.

 "So how's you and Chaeng going?" I asked with curiosity.

 "Really well, she's......"

Ya, I just blanked out after that. I have a pretty short attention span. After a couple of minutes of thinking about food, I blurted out, "Hey, so how about some Chinese food?"

"Were you not paying attention to me?"

"Ummm. What do you mean? OF COURSE I was paying attention to you," I tried my best to not sound fake.

"Kay, well what was I saying then?"

"You and Chaeng...........OK FINE. You caught me. I WASN'T paying attention to you. I got really hungry and distracted and spaced out. I'm sorry."

Jennie looked at me with an annoyed expression but said, "You know, you're lucky I love you, or else I'd just walk away from you right now."

"Awwww, you never tell me that....I love you too." I smiled the widest smile ever.

"Don't push it Jichu."

"Fine, but like, how about that Chinese food now?" I asked in hopes that she would respond with a big, fat YES.

"Ya sure, but I'm not going to eat much because Chaeyoung promised me some pizza."

We finally found a good Chinese place with outdoor seating so Dalgom could join us too. After about 10 minutes, we finished ordering our food. While enjoying each other's company, one of Chaeng's song started playing on the speakers. Damn. I remember the first time she released a song without it getting many views and plays. But now. She's literally everywhere. I'm glad people finally recognize her unique voice. 

"That's my baby playing right now!!!" Jennie started jumping in her chair.

"Chill girl, people are starting to look, and once they find out that you're Park Chaeyoung's girlfriend, we ain't going to be able to eat our Chinese food in peace."

 After that sentence, Jennie toned it down, but looked at me with annoyance, even though I was just looking out for the both of us.

~~~~~

I just swallowed the last bit of my rice, while Jennie was paying for our dinner—what a sweet gal—when a waitress placed two fortune cookies on our table. I decided to wait for Jennie so that we could open it together, you know, for fun. She came back with wide eyes when she saw the fortune cookies. "Why are you soo excited for cookies, Jen?"

"I forgot they gave these out, and I haven't had them since I was like 6."

"You still are...." I said with a big grin.

"Shut up, let's just open them and go." She said with a slightly amused and annoyed face.

"You know, when I was younger, my grandma told me that fortune cookies actually tell you the future. It's not just some dumb words on a piece of paper. Like, basically, if you read a bad one, something bad will happen to you, but if you never read the paper in the first place, it wouldn't happen."

Jennie looked at me with a dumb expression and said, "And you believe that?"

"I mean, kind of....."

Jennie just kept staring at me weirdly, "You know let's just open it, or am I gonna do this by myself?"

"I never said I wasn't going to open it. I mean like you only live once. Let's just hope that we both get good fortunes."

Jennie opened her cookie first. "Your future will become your past, and your past will become your future."

"That's lame. I wanted something like, 'You and the love of your life will be in love forever' or something." Jennie just stared at her cookie with an unamused face.

"That sounds sketch Jen...."

"Oh my God, you actually believe it?"

"Just, be careful...I'm getting bad juju from that."

"Ewww juju, don't ever use that word again, Jisoo."

I just rolled my eyes at her and started to open my cookie. "Jennie stop chewing soo loudly, I'm trying to open my cookie!"

"Jeez, JUST OPEN IT."

"Dancers have the biggest heart." 

Hmmm what is that suppose to mean?

"You see, all these are stupid and meaningless, let's just throw them away and head to my place." Jennie was sooo over the climactic cookie moment we just had.

 She started heading towards a trash can with the papers in her hand when I yelled, "Hey! No. Jennie DON'T throw them away. My grandma told me that if there was a fortune we wanted to reverse, we'd have to keep it and do something with it, I don't remember what though."

"Whatever you say Jisoo." She gave me back mine and stuffed her's somewhere in her purse.

As we were walking back to Jennie's apartment, the street performer we saw earlier was starting to pack up. She was about to head out when we accidentally bumped into her. WHY IS MY HEART BEATING SO FAST.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I should've payed better attention to where I—"

I immediately stopped her from continuing. "No, no, it's all good. I was watching your performance a little earlier today, and I thought you were really good."

"Wow thanks, I—ummm.... I know this is a weird thing to say so abruptly, but I think you're cute." MY HANDS ARE SWEATING. DID SHE JUST CALL ME CUTE??? Jennie started nudging my arm.

"Let's get to know each other better, what's your number?" I have no idea where I got the courage to say that.

Wow, dancers really do have big hearts.