14. Run Away

That song ^^^ up there is the song that Chaeyoung sings in this chapter. 

[Jongin]

     It's been about a week since Jennie's confession over still having thoughts on Chaeyoung. I knew her thoughts and worries wouldn't just go away after loving Chaeyoung for years, but apart of me wanted it too...it's wrong, I know. I've always told Jennie that I'm totally fine with her loving two people at once, but in actuality, I just want her to love one of us....AKA me...just me.

But as long as I'm with her, I'll make sure to respect her decision and support whatever she does. 

Even if that means we can't be together.

But that all changed one day when I tried to find a way for Jennie to reunite with Chaeyoung.

*THREE DAYS AGO*

     Making my way to a random guy's house, I started to question if this random dude with his random website could actually help me find a way to time travel. It all started when I decided to search the internet for "time traveling".

I basically just found this hella sketchy dude by the name of Kim Seokjin. He had a weird list of spells and conspiracy theories, along with a couple of youtube videos.

We sent a couple texts back and forth discussing what I needed from him. 

It felt like I was on a dating app all over again...except with some random crackhead. 

I mean, he does have my last name...so he can't be THAT crazy.

Wellll. I was wrong. Right when I stepped foot into his so-called "conspiracy cave", I knew he was a bit off from others.

There were walls filled with artifacts, animal parts, and diagrams of weird creatures everywhere you looked. On the many desks he owned, there were maps of hidden treasures, books, and even some questionable looking...drugs? 

The only lights in his "cave" were lamps and strung up light bulbs along the walls.

Dragging the fingertips of my hand along the many weird objects he owned, I stopped on a particular piece of paper that had disappearing and reappearing names in a list.

"H—hey! Hands off of that. It's important," Seokjin said from behind as he watched me look through his things. 

"Do you even know what it does?" I asked, turning around to face him. 

Jin: "Well, I've concluded that that thing probably has something to do with time traveling."

"Here."  Jin said, coming closer to point the names out, "It has people's names with their current location and time frame."

Jin: "I mean, I don't know what else it could be...so I suggest you look through it since you did come here for time traveling." 

Looking carefully at the hundreds of names listed on the paper, I saw how the dates ranged from B.C. to dates way past 8050. 

Jin: "Would you like something to eat? I don't really have many guests over..so I thought it'd be cool if you know.." 

Not looking up from the paper I asked, "Anything specific?"