17. Last Kiss

[Chaeyoung]

 "Okay, so what even is all this?" I asked Yeri before placing her time traveling books that she promised to bring the night before on the table. 

Layed out on my dining table was a book with 3 empty pages and a feather pen. Some pages were even ripped and the book, in general, was very old and worn. Aside from all that, there was a feather ink pen attached to the spine of the blank book. 

"These are my hidden treasures, my years of hard work and study, my—" 

"Her make believe 'time traveling' books that she found in a yard sale," Seulgi interrupts Yeri as she barges into the kitchen. 

Seulgi knows about this whole time traveling thing too? 

"Seulgi, this is something I've been wanting to test out for a while now, and now that we have someone that wants to voluntarily test it out, I'm not gonna let this chance slip away." Yeri opens the book up to the first blank page and slides it towards me. 

"Well I volunteered a little while ago and you didn't let me write in the pages," Seulgi pouts. 

"Seul, if it really does work, I wouldn't know how to get you back over here. Plus your girlfriend would kill me if that were to happen." 

Girlfriend? 

Seulgi's gay? 

Geez. I thought I knew Seulgi more than I actually did. 

Seulgi grabs a water bottle from the fridge and walks back over to our circle around the table. "Pfft. Irene would've figured something out to get me back here." 

Irene?!

"Bae Joohyun Irene?" 

Shoot. Did I just say that out loud? 

"Yeah! How'd do you know?" Seulgi turns her body towards me and gives a wide smile. 

"Umm. Just a wild guess?" 

Seulgi just stood there with her never-changing smile. Did I say something funny? 

"Yup, very wild Chae. I know you're not from 1969." 

Say what? 

"I could tell from the first day you arrived here. You act very differently compared to the previous Chaeyoung. Plus, Yeri has been bugging me about this whole time traveling thing since the day she's gotten those horrid books." 

Pulling a chair out, I sat down and tried my best to process what was just said. "Why didn't you tell me all along?" 

"I was just tryna pull your leg. It was fun watching you try to keep up with your cover," Seulgi lets out a loud-ass chuckle. "Oh, and I know you aren't from here either, Jisoo." 

Well, this is awkward. 

She knew I was lying to her face all along. 

Giving Seulgi an awkward laugh and smile, I turned my attention back over to the books.

Shuffling closer to me, Yeri opens the book up and hands me the feather pen.