Five. 🗡️

If I thought by doing this man any favours I was sorely mistaken. Instead of being rewarded for not sharing where I was actually was I found myself in the back of a van with my hands tied together in front of me as I sat on the chair against the right wall. The Irish man sat opposite me and stared at me. "What?" I snapped as I stopped struggling against the itchy rope the was binding my hands together. 

"You're just not what I expected," he admitted as he tilted his head to the right and looked me over again. "I mean you have your father's looks, your brother's eyes but you are much feistier than I was lead to believe." 

Rolling my eyes I spoke, "And considering how ruthless I have heard Max is you seem pretty tame."

A chuckle left his lips "Oh sweetie," he leaned back on his seat. "You'll be begging for me when you meet Max."

My eyes widened as I started to worry about who Max actually was. I guess when it came to danger in my life I could only really imagine how bad it was going to be. When I thought about my father I never really knew how ruthless he could be, he had completely shielded me from that side of his life. For that I was grateful but at the same time, I wish he had been more upfront with me. Now I was in a situation that I might not make it out of and to say I was scared with too loose of a statement. 

"I don't want to die," the words left my lips quietly as I thought about everything I was yet to do with my life. "Please."

Irish watched me cautiously like he was trying to work me out. His eyes softened as things went through his mind. "Are you scared?" He asked me like he was trying to understand. 

Nodding my head at him I held my hands together, I couldn't speak because I was afraid I was going to cry if I used my words. Instead, I looked at him, I hoped maybe he would take pity on me. 

He reached forward and tucked my hair behind my ears before he took off his jacket and put it around me, "I'd try and get some sleep. We're going to be in here for a long time."

🗡️🗡️

I woke up when I felt the van stop, I tried not to fall asleep but I couldn't help it. Looking around I managed to see through the front window that we were at a service station, the Irish man stood up and walked towards the back of the van before someone let him out of the van before the door closed again. 

Looking towards the front I spoke up to get the attention of the guy sitting in the front of the van. "Hey," I tried to be polite. "Hey, please." I banged my hands against the wall of the van before he turned and looked at me. He looked young like he was only here because he was someone's son who needed a job. "Please, I need the toilet."

I watched as he rolled his eyes before he left the front of the van. To my surprise, the back door opened and the young guy let me out, he took hold of my arm before wrapping the jacket further around me and buttoning it so you couldn't tell my hands were tied together. He walked by my side as he led me inside the building. In the light I could see how young he was, he was probably younger than me with his baby face and his pimple ridden forehead. He led me towards the toilets as the Irish man caught my eyes before he headed over to where we were. 

"What are you doing, Tri?" His voice was low as he spoke to the young lad before he put an arm around me himself. 

The young lad, Tri as I now discovered his name was. "She needs to use the ladies," the young boy said his voice squeaky as he stepped away from myself. 

Irish looked at me, "I'll take her then." He looked at the young lad, "Get yourself some food."

"Yes, Michael."