Thirteen. 🌸

Waiting was the worst thing, I knew they couldn't get in here without Aunt Maria and her hand but they had to find the entrance to the room first. I watched as I leaned against the wall, my thumb in my mouth as I bit my nail. 

As I watched in the kitchen Michael had made his way into the kitchen, his eyes landing on the camera like he was looking into my soul before he spoke. I looked for something until I saw the sound button which I pressed before the sound started to pour through the small speaker in the room. 

"We know you are in there, Elliott." His Irish accent was loud and clear even through the tiny intercom in the room. "I didn't think you'd be a coward and hide, making your aunt take all the pain because of you."

I pulled a seat close as I looked at the screens, I knew they would kill her either way. I didn't speak, if I wanted them to hear me I would have to press a button to speak to them, kind of like a walkie-talkie. 

He stepped closer to my aunt who was strong, her eyes narrowed and her cheeks red from the slaps she had already endured. "It doesn't matter," he looked at my aunt before he touched her hair, she tried to move away but someone held her head in place. "We'll get to you either way."

My eyes scanned over the other screens to see people in each room looking for a way to get to me. As I looked at the camera to the front door my eyes widened as I saw who was walking through the door, a tablet in his hands making him look down but it was undeniable, I knew that quiff anywhere, Zayn.

I shook my head before he looked up at the camera in the hallway and smirked almost like he knew I was watching him at that moment in time. Grabbing my mobile I snapped it in half but he looked down at the tablet again before he headed into the kitchen joining Michael before giving him the tablet. 

"Oh dear," Michael spoke before he looked at the camera. "Seems like we have our work cut out for us."

Zayn untied my aunt before he dragged her towards the side, she struggled but another man helped restraint her before someone else walked around the side and flicked a switch. I listened as the blender started up in the kitchen, the whirring like static over the intercom. 

Aunt Maria struggled before Zayn took her right hand, she looked at her hand before she tried to move it away from him before he roughly plunged her hand into the blender. The sound was violent as bones hit the metal followed by the deadly, shrill screams that left my aunt's mouth.

Looking away from the screen, my hands flew over my mouth as I tried to hold back the vomit that was filling my mouth before I swallowed it back, the tears in my eyes started to fall as I looked back at the screen. 

Aunt Maria was still screaming as she clutched what was left of her hand as she laid on the floor, the blood was sprayed all over the side, cupboards and floor, blood splatters on people's faces. Looking at Zayn he was looking at the camera, blood on his face and hands as he smirked. 

I stood up before pressing the button to speak, the crackling of the intercom making everyone in the house look at the cameras. I realised the button as I wasn't too sure what to say. I guess I had things in my head but I couldn't. Everything was a mess as I felt utterly betrayed, the man who claimed to love me had just done that in front of me, he had hurt my family to spite me. 

Looking down at my hand the ring caught my eyes, I slowly reached down and took it off, the screams from my aunt finally subsiding as I turned the ring to my eyes and looked at it more closely. He really had played me for a fool and he was waiting until I was weak, as far away from my family as possible before striking. 

Squinting my eyes I realised the diamond in the ring wasn't as clear as I had first thought. I took the ring and smashing against the wall before it cracked open a little black thing falling from it. I reached down and picked it up before I examined it, a gasp escaped my lips as I held it away from me.