Thirtyfour. 💔

All this thinking about Harry had clouded my mind and all I really wanted was to clear him from my thoughts but before I had a chance he was here at 10 am on the dot. "Let's see about getting you out of here today then," he said as he entered the room and looked at me. 

I nodded as I looked at him, today he was dressed in his normal get up, skinny black jeans, a black tee and a black leather jacket with black boots, the only difference today was he had his hair pushed back with a red bandana keeping it from falling into his eyes. "The doctor is doing his rounds so he should be here soon," I explained as I looked away from him. I couldn't look at him too long, I just felt stupid after the dream and after the warm fuzzy feelings it gave me. 

"Your dad rang this morning," he told me making me turn and face him as he sat in the chair next to my bed. "He sends his love and hopes you have a quick recovery."

Well, my father was alive, but that message was so generic, he could have at least put a bit more thought into what he wanted to tell his only daughter, the one he was trying so hard to protect. "Can I call him?" I asked Harry as I stretched my legs out under the blanket. 

"I'm afraid not, he has asked that calls are not for emergencies only."

The same old story, there was always one reason or another why I couldn't call my dad. I nodded at him before I looked away again looking at my hands which still had the crumpled piece of paper with Harry's number on it. I guess I was getting pretty attached to it or him, probably the latter. 

Sneaking a look at him as he played on his phone I noticed he had bags under his eyes like he didn't sleep much last night. "I bet it was nice to have the place to yourself last night," I made small talk, mainly because I wanted to know what he did when I wasn't there. 

He shrugged without looking up from his mobile, "It was, actually. Made a few calls, went to bed. A pretty average night."

I rolled my eyes as I looked away from him, I hated how my stupid stomach was doing flips, how my heart was beating just a little faster, all this from a stupid dream. He'd been in my dreams before but never as a boyfriend, he'd been many things in my dreams, a friend, someone to fear, a protector and usually just someone who is just there. Whatever happened he was always there and every time I woke from these dreams I didn't know what any of it meant, I still didn't.

"Ha-" I went to speak his name but I was cut off by the door opening and the doctor walking in. 

"Ahh, Miss Cole," he picked up the clipboard which contained my notes scanning his eyes over it before he looked up the bed at me. "Why don't we have a look at your stitches and then maybe we can get you home." He put some gloves on before he walked up the side of the bed opposite Harry who was watching on with the same intensity he had when he was watching me. "Can I just...?" The doctor motioned his hands to my stomach. 

I looked at Harry who was too focused on the doctor before I moved the blanket down and exposed my stomach lifting my nightgown. The doctor placed his cold gloved hands on my stomach and felt around before he moved the patches that covered my stitches looking them over. "Can I go home then?" I asked as he removed his hands and I covered myself back up. 

The doctor removed his gloves and gave me a small nod, "I think we can let you go home today. If there are any complications, seeping, bleeding, anything, you need to come straight back in."

"Thank you," I smiled at him grateful to be leaving this place. 

"I'll prescribe you some strong painkillers to take when you get home and I'll write up the discharge papers, you can leave in the hour, just bear with me."