Eight. ⚠️

When I walked through the door at half eight I expected there to be a full-on welcoming committee at the door, in fact, all I got was my brother who pointed and winked at me as he smiled, "Didn't think you'd be home this early

When I walked through the door at half eight I expected there to be a full-on welcoming committee at the door, in fact, all I got was my brother who pointed and winked at me as he smiled, "Didn't think you'd be home this early."

"Apparently neither did anyone else," I groaned as I shook my head. Not only was there a distinct lack of cars on the driveway there didn't seem to be our father anywhere else. 

Thomas laughed, "Not everyone can be at your beck and call."

"Oh, haha," I rolled my eyes as I slipped my boots off and hung up the jacket I had been wearing. "I just thought that dad would be here since he wanted to talk to me."

"Oh that," Thomas raised his eyebrows at me before heading through to the living room. 

I followed him as I watched him flop on the sofa and stare at the screen of the TV. "Well come on then, spill the beans."

Thomas shook his head, "I can't."

"You will," I told him as I sat next to him and held on to the grey top he was wearing so he couldn't get away from me. "Come on."

"If I tell you dad won't be happy and you definitely won't be happy," he reminded me of the truth as he looked down at me. 

I pouted my lips at him as I widened my eyes into full puppy dog mode. "But I am your favourite sister," I fluttered my eyelashes at him as I waited. 

I watched as he battled internally with his decision before we were interrupted by the front door opening. I groaned as I got to my feet and walked out of the living room to see my father in the doorway. He wasn't alone though, with him was Uncle Jack and their sister, Aunt Maria, following them in was Harry and Louis along with several other men. 

"Thomas," I looked back at my brother before I widened my eyes at him and bit my lip. "What's happening?"

"I told you that you wouldn't like it," he said as he got to his feet. 

My eyes scanned for an exit, I turned and walked towards the kitchen and through the kitchen my pace quickening as I headed towards the other side of the house before I headed towards a random room in the area of the house I wasn't allowed into. They would never think of looking for me in here.

I already knew what was happening, my father was shipping me off to live with Aunt Maria. This was his solution to keeping me safe, I knew how his mind worked. She was nice enough but here was home, here was where I was safest. 

Aunt Maria also lived a good hundred miles away, it meant I would be far away from my friends and Zayn. I couldn't be that far away from the people I needed the most. 

Slipping through the black door and headed down the stairs realising I was going towards the dimly lit basement. As I travelled closer to the light I was shocked when I got to the bottom of the stairs and looked around the room.