Twelve. 🔮

The following couple of weeks were hard, I was alone and even the calls from Zayn were starting to be less and less. I wondered if he thought of me, I sent him texts but his replies were short like he had other things on his mind. My father didn't text much, I did manage to speak to him every three days or so but I missed him dreadfully. If I could go home right now I would but I knew he wouldn't allow it, he needed me here, safe. Thomas had been calling me every other day but he hadn't contacted me for a good four days. Jessica was my only saving grace, she managed to text or call me every day, our conversations light-hearted to try and cheer me up. 

"I didn't tell you, did I?" She asked like I had a clue what she was talking about. 

Currently, I was sat in my aunt's car outside of a shopping mall as I spoke to Jessica on the phone. "You may need to be a bit more specific," I told her as I flipped open the sun visor and checked my reflection in the small mirror as I ran my fingers over my bare lips. 

"Me and Ollie are going out on a date tomorrow!" She sounded super excited and it made me sadder that I couldn't be there with her. Preparing for dates was something we had done together in the past, now I was missing out on her first date with Ollie. To be fair I was surprised that it hadn't happened sooner but there we go. 

I smiled to myself as I closed the mirror, "Well make sure you wear something beautiful." I tried to be positive but I knew I didn't sound it as all I could think about was my failing relationship and the fact I was without the ones closest to me. 

"You'll be home soon, won't you?" She asked me, her voice changing from a happy tone to one of sadness and confusion. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," I assured her as I pictured her sitting at home surrounded by her family. She was going to have a good time with Ollie tonight, I could feel it. I just wished it was myself and Zayn who was getting ready to go out. "Have you spoke to Zayn lately?"

She laughed, "Zayn has been hiding lately. I think he's trying to find a way to come and see you."

A grin spread across my face as I thought about it if he made his way here to see me then everything would be perfect. Aunt Maria was very lenient with me and my attitude, I had tried begging my father to let me come home but he was adamant.

Reaching for my handbag I pulled it close before I got out the car locking it behind me, "He's such a romantic." My heart skipped a beat as I thought about him doing all he could. 

It's not like it should be too hard but knowing Zayn he was probably trying to find a way to get here and take me away with him. He had lost his licence recently so he wouldn't be driving here anytime soon and when it came to public transport he was a bit sceptical. 

Our call ended shortly afterwards before I headed into the mall, my mind not with me as I walked through the aisles in a clothes shop. I didn't really look at anything as I thought about how much I wanted to be home right now. If I was home I could be seeing Zayn, talking to Jessica about her upcoming date or just annoying my brother. I think I missed him the most, it was like having a limb missing in a way. He was my twin after all and they do say that sometimes that is the strongest bond of them all. I wondered if he missed me at all, I wondered if anyone did. It's easy to tell someone you miss them but did me not being in their day to day life really affect them?

It affected me as I was lonely, I was almost a shell of myself without them. My attitude had become really irritable, almost like I was constantly on my period. I loved hearing from them but hearing how they were just getting on with their lives without me made me a little bitter. I was stuck here through no choice of my own and they were all just moving on like I didn't exist. Okay, maybe I was being a little dramatic, I'm sure they were thinking about me but being here wasn't making it any easier on my mind and the thoughts that I couldn't help but think.