Fortytwo. 💝

H A R R Y S T Y L E S

Terry's request had been simple, go home. If went home though I might never find out the truth. I might not find out if Elliott was alive or if after everything she was dead. Sitting in my car with my head on the wheel I had some choices I needed to make. Was I going to ignore Terry and get out there and look for Ell? Or was I going to go home and return to the life I had before I came into this life? 

I watched as Terry sat in his car on the telephone before the call ended and he started to lay into the steering wheel. He must have received some news, I kind of wanted to know but at the same time, I didn't. What if it was something that couldn't be fixed, what if Ell was dead?

These horrible thoughts needed to leave my mind, surely Max needed her alive, then again I didn't know him. I didn't know how his mind worked, I didn't even know the real reasons he was an enemy of Terry's.

Maybe this was for the best, maybe I could leave this life now, return home to my family, take them away for good. I looked over at Terry's car one last time before I started my engine up and drove away. If I made it home at a good time maybe I could get a few things together and leave as soon as possible, my mum would need the most convincing but it shouldn't be too hard. 

As I drove through the many different towns all I could do was think about Ell, how she didn't deserve any of this. She'd been dragged into this world and now she was the one who was going to pay for the mistakes that someone else had made. She'd suffered enough with that prick of an ex-boyfriend who only pretended to be in a relationship with her to get close to her, she'd have to live with that everything she looked in the mirror, knowing she'd been that stupid to fall in love with someone who didn't love her back. 

"I think I'm falling in love with you. I don't want to go in there and have not told you, especially if I don't come back out." 

She'd been so scared before her surgery, scared enough to tell me she thought she was falling in love with me. Me, someone who had been nothing but horrible to her. I wanted to protect her the best I could, letting her love me was not going to protect her. If I was to fall in love back then she'd be in more danger. 

Terry had told us all the rules for getting into this line of business. 

"There are five simple rules when it comes to working for me," Terry leaned across his desk and stared me down with his hard, angry eyes. "And if you are to stay Harry, then you need to make sure that you agree to every single one them."

I nodded my head nervously as I looked at him before he returned to the leather chair he'd been sitting in. My eyes glanced around the small office, there were not too many personal possessions here, just a photo of a boy and a girl, they looked around five years old and totally innocent. 

"Rule number one," Terry smirked as he crossed his legs and placed his hands on the higher knee. "Whatever I say goes."

"That goes without saying," I agreed with him as I looked back at him. 

"Everything I ask you or anyone else to do has reasoning behind it, I wouldn't ask anyone to do something that I wouldn't do myself." Terry leaned back in his chair, "Number two, my house is off limits."

I nodded at his words, he was an intimidating man and there was no way I was going to cross him. 

"Number three, my children are not to be brought into any of this. They are not a part of this world."

Nodding I wanted him to know I agreed. If his children were the two in the photo there was no way such young children should be brought into any of this. Hell, I was only doing this to make some more money to help pay the bills for my mother, I wouldn't ever drag anyone into this if they had another choice. 

"Four," Terry placed a gun on the desk. "Everyone who joins goes through their own initiation progress. You have yours tonight." He rubbed his hands together gleefully as he looked over at me, "Any questions?"

Raising an eyebrow I bit my lip as I thought about everything he has said, "I thought there were five rules?"

Terry nodded, "The final rule is the most important." He pushed the gun over towards me and smiled, "Absolutely no falling in love with my Elliott."

If I had of known then that Elliott was his daughter then I would have probably pushed the gun back towards him and made an honest living. I worked my way from the bottom sneaking glances towards the young girl that lived in the house. She wasn't the five year old from the photo, she was a fiesty teenager who was just hitting adulthood. The first time I had seen her was her sixteenth birthday party, I was nineteen at the time. Terry had arranged for us to have a meeting that day but it was going to clash with the party, not to draw any attention to himself he let a few of us younger ones in through the house. 

"Get in here now," Terry opened the door to me as I stood on the porch with Louis and Mitchell. We stepped into the house and were surprised at the number of people that were milling around, when he'd originally told us that his daughter was having a party I thought it would be a few friends, it looked like she had the of her year from school packed in the house. 

"There's a lot of people here," Louis noted as he stood next to me. 

I nodded as suddenly the music stopped, I looked at Louis and Mitchell who both shrugged their shoulders before I noticed that Terry had disappeared. Looking around I saw him standing on the stairs next to a brunette who was wearing an incredibly shiny black dress, pretty sure it was leather, it looked tight on her small frame and her legs seemed to go on forever which was probably down to the heels she was wearing. 

Watching I noticed Terry let her put her arm through his as she smiled at him before she spoke to him. Although the music had stopped people were still talking. 

He walked her down the stairs and looking over the crowd I aimed to get a closer look at the girl he'd told everyone to keep away from, was she really something special that he thought he needed to warn people off? She grinned widely as she put her head on her father's shoulder as she laughed. Her blue eyes twinkled in the lights that shined on her, her smile beautiful and her skin smooth. If I had of seen her in public there was no way I would have ever said that she was the daughter of Terry. 

"So that must be the famous Ell?" Louis said as he tiptoed next to me and looked over at her. "Sure I'd have a go on her."

I wrinkled my nose, "Nah she's nothing special." I lied to him, there was no way I was going to let anyone think that I thought she was beautiful. 

Mitchell laughed, "She's alright Styles. Don't be starting all that bullshit about not being interested, we all know you'd jump on anything with a pulse."

Looking at Mitchell I rolled my eyes at him, "There something with a pulse and then there is Terry Cole's daughter."

Louis slapped my back playfully as he shook his head, "Man we're only talking hypotheticals here. No one is going anywhere near her."

Glancing at her one last time I shook my head before I looked back to the boys, "Nah mate. She looks like she's a stuck up bitch."

"Hilarious," Mitchell chuckled. "They say the stuck up ones are the ones who need a cock the most."

Terry headed back to us, "We can slip away into the office now. Let's go."

Sneaking one last look over at the brunette I smiled to myself. I could always look.