Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Tonight, I'll let them witness how the last Cagge's work. I'll show them what they had acquired. I'll show them what I've got, I'll show them what I've learned and I'll show them the Soren behind her innocent mask.

I took a deep breath while looking at the mirror. The reflection of a woman who was forced to face the world she never wanted, the woman who was forced to mask herself by someone else and I woman who've been trying to get off from her own cage.

Muli kong hinilamusan nang malamig ng tubig ang mukha ko. If water could really clean someone from all her sins, I will never stop drenching myself from it. Kung pwede lang baguhin lahat ng malinis na tubig ang maduduming nakaraan, siguro hindi na ako lumayo sa tabi ng malamig na tubig.

Marahan kong pinunasan ng puting tuwalya ang mukha ko. Ipinusod ang mahaba kong buhok na hindi man lang nagtira nang ilang hibla, isinuot ang aking itim na relo, inayos ang aking itim na uniporme, na kaiba sa kanilang lahat at itinaas ang noo para muling salubungin ang sariling mga mata.

I am the real Euphiemia Soren Arcega, I am no innocent, not even a damsel in distress waiting for her Prince, but a wicked witch who have been betraying—everyone.

Marahan kong ipinikit ang aking mga mata. I should go now. Everything was already prepared. Bago pa man sumapit ang misyon namin ng hummingbird, ilang araw ko nang pinaghandaan ang mga gagawin niya.

I already gave her the instruction yesterday and yes, it's about time to get into the spotlight.

Hindi na ako masyadong nagulat nang makitang nasa labas ng kwarto ko si Triton. He's leaning against the wall with his similar black uniform. He straightened when noticed my presence.

Triton's eyes hovered all over my body. It's his first time to see me wearing an agent suite.

"Very nice,"

"Thank you, eleven."

Sinabi niya sa akin na humiling siyang kung maaari ay hindi mabago ang numerong nakasanayan niya. Mukhang hindi naman mahirap kausap ang Sous L'eau, kaya madali itong nakuha ni Triton.

Sabay na kaming naglakad ni Triton patungo sa control room.

"Today is your first mission as an official Sous L'eau agent. Kinakabahan ka ba, Euphie?"

"Yes," tipid na sagot ko.

"I know you can do it."

"Thanks,"

Before the metal door opened, Triton gave me a quick kiss. Since they're all witnessing how the Cagge work, Commander Satchel allowed the other agents to watch inside the control room. But they were all positioned for back-ups.

Mabilis humiwalay sa akin si Triton at naupo na rin ito sa harap ng isang monitor. Nandito na rin si Ahmed at tipid na ngumiti sa akin nang lingunin niya ako.

Enna called my name and the whole intelligence team acknowledge my presence, Commander Satchel nodded at me. Armando held his right hand up before he returned facing his monitor, near him was his brother I assumed who's still focus with his monitor.

Hummingbird and his brother Ace, as well as Hazelle were already on their way to the mission site.

Tonight, it was not about the jewel. The mission of the hummingbird about the gems were far long gone, this time she needed to acquire a very important file.

Bumalik ang pagmamasid ko sa mga tao sa loob ng control room. Until it landed to the familiar man.

The last but never been the least of Sous L'eau, the powerful man standing in front of the largest hologram monitor. He's seriously scanning the different views of the mission site.