Epilogue

A/N: Miss me yet! :3 Here's the epilogue that I promised you guys! Enjoy! <3

Zach's P.O.V. (Had to, I just had to) :)

My shoes crunched through the heavy blanket of snow which now lined the ground.

The weather was freezing since it was now winter, and I could feel my teeth chatter slightly. Next to me was Kelsey, her footsteps almost perfectly in sync with mine. In one hand, she held the leash of her dog, Ace, and in the other was my right hand.

Even though it's absolutely freezing, somehow, her hand is still warm. I don't know how that's even possible.

It's been about a month since the fire incident and the issue with my sister, and now, everything was as good as new, including most of the cuts and bruises among my knuckles. I couldn't help having a bit of a grin on my face.

Just being in Kelsey's presence makes me feel better.

I could see the small paw prints that Ace was making along the snow as the hyper dog actually wasn't dragging Kelsey along with him.

Instead, he was hopping around in the snow, making us both laugh. We were both walking in the neighborhood park, which is where we spend a lot of our time now, however this is the first time I've seen it covered in snow. In fact, this is the first time I've ever seen snow before.

I smiled at the happy little dachshund who was hopping around in front of me, kicking snow absolutely everywhere. His legs were so short that he could barely peek over the snow which made me laugh a bit.

After a little bit, it started to snow lightly. My eyes immediately lit up as I felt the small snowflakes land in my hair and onto my shoulders. I winced a little bit by the cold. Those tiny white flakes can really go a long way.

"Cold?" inquired Kelsey with a small grin.

"Yeah," I replied as I shook my head, causing quite a few flakes of snow to fly out of my now-wet hair. "This is the first time I've actually seen snow for myself," I noted matter-of-factly. I didn't think it was a big deal

"Wait, really?" she asked, her face lighting up.

"Before I lost my vision, my parents and I lived in Texas where it practically never snows," I stated with a little bit of a change in my expression. "The plane crashed near Washington, so that's where my foster family found me and took me in, then I moved here last summer."

"Oh...," Kelsey replied with a comforting look. "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, Kelsey," I responded with a bit of a smile. "After all, I haven't been able to do this before."

Quickly, I bent down, grabbed a chunk of snow and threw it lightly at Kelsey, hitting her in the left shoulder. It must've been funnier to me than it was to her, since she had a bit of a surprised look on her face, and I was over here laughing like an idiot.

"What was that for?!" she asked with a shocked tone.

"I-I don't know," I stammered apologetically, suddenly feeling bad. "Oops."

Kelsey gave me an expression which I was unable to read before it quickly turned into a playful smirk. "You are so dead," she exclaimed while grabbing a handful of snow.

"What about the dog?" I questioned before she could hurtle the snowball at me.

"He'll be fine. He always comes back," she replied while looking down at Ace, who was hopping around in excitement.

Kelsey unclipped the leash from Ace's collar and let him run around freely. With that, she threw the snowball with a lot of force towards my direction, and it hit me in the collarbone. I could feel the cold snow instantly as it made impact and I stumbled backwards a little bit.

Quickly, I grabbed another chunk of snow and tossed at her, accidentally hitting her in the face. Suddenly, my face fell, not meaning to hurt her.

"I was not aiming for the face," I quickly clarified with a dead-serious expression. "Are you okay..?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" asked Kelsey while wiping the snow off her face. "It's not like you can throw that hard."

With a laugh, she grabbed another giant wad of snow and tossed it at me, returning fire, and as soon as she did so, she started running off in the other direction, Ace chasing after her.

I started sprinting towards Kelsey, surprisingly catching up to her quickly. I playfully wrapped my arms around her, accidentally knocking her over and we both fell into the wet snow.

"Zach, good grief!" yelped Kelsey as she made impact with the frosty white blanket covering the grass.

"I wasn't trying to push you over," I teased as I carefully got to my feet. "My bad."

In between chuckles, I reached out with my hand, and she took it. Upon lifting her out of the snow, Kelsey gently embraced me into a warm hug, leaning her forehead carefully against mine. I know it sounds cheesy, but we gazed into each other's eyes as we stood there in the snow, both of us sopping wet and covered in white flakes of the stuff.

I never realized how much I was missing out on without my sight and ever since I've gotten it back, I've been happier than I've ever been in my entire life. Seeing the gentle smile on Kelsey's face always fills me with warm feelings, and I don't ever want them to go away.

"I love you, Kelsey," I exclaimed while staring into her gorgeous eyes.

"I love you too, Zach," she replied with a soft expression on her face, brushing a few flakes of snow off of my jacket.

And with that, I kissed her.

~~~

Stay tuned for the author's note if you wanna hear my sappy stuff! :3

~Eclipsityy <3