A Note From The Author

Well, this is it: the end of the very first book that I have ever written start to finish.

I'm extremely happy and sad at the same time.

I'm happy since I feel extremely accomplished that I've finished something I started! 

I'm sad because it has to end!

I've been on an emotional roller-coaster while writing this and I've had my ups and downs, but I'm honestly proud of my work. It's actually something that I'm proud of, which actually

This book is dedicated to my mom. She's smart, funny, beautiful, incredible, and an amazing pianist. That's not the entire reason I've decided to dedicate this to her, though. She almost went blind a while ago.

When my mom was around my age, (14-16), she completely lost the ability to see colors at all. All she could see was black and white. Color-blind is another way to put it. Ever since then, it's been getting worse.

In 2012, my mother was considered legally blind, and her driver's license was taken away. She was devastated for a very long time, and she had to ask her friends to drive her everywhere. She totally lost a lot of her self confidence, and it made me start to lose quite a lot of hope.

In the summer of 2015, her and my dad traveled down to Florida to have an operation done to her eyes. This is where it ties in to Peripheral Vision, since the surgery she had was the exact same one Zach had in chapters 21 and 22. Some details might be off, but the operation is 100% real, and the most important thing is that it worked.

As soon as the surgery was over, my mom's eyesight began to improve at a rapid rate. By 2016, she could see color again, and it's still improving just as strongly.

I've never been so happy for someone in my whole life, and she's still gaining eyesight to this day.

She also got her daytime driver's license back last year! That means she can only drive when it's light out, however that's much better than nothing!

My mom is one of my favorite people in my life, and I couldn't think of anyone more fit to dedicate this book to. Plus, it's her birthday today (November 27th), so I guess it's a decent birthday present too, haha. But anyways, I just wanted to tell her story and to give you a bit of a perspective about her condition.

Something else that this book has taught me is to never give up.

This eye disease that my mom has/had has the chance to be passed down to newer generations due to the fact that her mom had it, and I'm terrified every single day that I'll wake up in the morning with failing vision.

Since the operation worked for her, there's a chance that if I get the disease, that it will work for me too. I know I shouldn't be afraid of losing my vision, but I am anyway, and I can't help it. I think I'll just let God handle it, since so far, He has for me.

Peripheral Vision is my favorite thing that I've ever written, and I couldn't be happier to call it my first completed book. I wanted to thank you all so much for reading and that it really means the world to me that you've taken precious minutes of your limited time on this planet to read my book.

I love you all with all my heart and soul and I wish you all well. Thank you so, so SO much for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. Thank you again for all of your love and support through this journey.

Much love, like always :)

~Eclipsityy <3