7

Petra's POV

Laughter and giggles erupted between the lost boys that stood in the line. Some slapped their knees or clutched onto their stomachs. Devin gave my brother a cocky grin. Felix remained emotionless as I giggled as a response to Devin's statement.

" SILENCE! " , Peter shouted.

His powerful voice caught everyone's attention and soon the laughter and fun were drained as the lost boys in line remained quiet. Devin snickered before giving my brother a cocky grin. My brother grabbed Devin by the collar and slightly lifted him off the ground by a few inches before throwing him harshly against a tree with his magic a few feet away from him.

I gasped by covering my mouth in shock seeing Devin groan in pain as he fell the floor. I flinched at the sight of the tree bark that was slightly dented with a few cracks. I was about to go help Devin, but my brother gripped my arm and pulled me back to my spot next to him. He gave me a cold glare before turning his attention towards the lost boys.

" Anybody else want to test me? " , Peter challenged them.

They all shook their heads before straightening their position. But cowered in fear when Peter approached them closer to their face.

" Since you all think Devin is funny with his stupidity, training will be EXTRA harsh. NO breaks, NO relaxing, NO complaining, NO back talk, NO wandering away from your position, NO switching positions, NO speaking to one another, NO helping one another, and NO slacking. " , Peter laid out his rules.

I frowned seeing the poor looks from the lost boys. They all looked discouraged and afraid, some even flinched at my brother's tone. I glanced at Tootles who remained quiet and quickly wiped away incoming tears before taking a few deep breaths.

" If anyone dares runs away from your position because you want to escape from me, you won't make a few more steps because I will find you quicker than your little legs can take you. " , Peter warned them. " And you most likely won't survive the consequence for that, so try me. "

A nod from every lost boy was his response to Peter.

" You are all dismissed. Follow Felix to the training area and he will assign jobs. " , Peter waved them off.

The line of lost boys scurried all at once past Peter and filled in a line as they walked away from the camp following a trail down the woods with Felix leading them to their destination. Only Peter and I remained with an injured lost boy. 

Before my brother could hold me back, I sprinted towards where Devin was and dropped down to my knees. He laid down on the ground with a few bloody bruises on his arms, but I knew he was in so much more pain than that. I gently placed my hand on the boy's head and laid it on lap before gently careless;y his cheeks with my thumb.

" Petra. ", Devin said weakly.

" I'm here, love. ", I whispered gently.

" I'm fine. Just in a lot of pain. ", he smiled weakly.

I frowned before hearing my brother's footsteps approach us. Devin scooted closer to me and I held him closely like a mother would do their child. I looked up to see Peter with a disapproving look and crossed arms before he decided to annoy me by tapping his foot.

" Go away. " , I said sternly.

" Stop babying the rascal. He got what he deserved for disrespecting me. " , my brother gritted his teeth.

" You do NOT throw one of your lost boys against a tree! That is absuse! " , I exclaimed angrily.

" That isn't abuse. It's called discipline. " , Peter scoffed.

" You could have killed him! " , I declared.

" Well, he is still alive. " , he gave me a fake smile while slowly clapping.

I felt my green eyes darken as I kept glaring at Peter. The wind changed directions around us and I clenched my fist as it glowed green. My brother raised his eyebrow before titling his head slightly at me.

" Don't give him the satisfaction. " , I heard Devin whisper as he reached out his hand to rub my arm gently.

I took a deep breath before making my eyes return back to their normal green. I couldn't let my brother get to me, no matter how many times I wanted to shave those eyebrows.

" Let's go, love. " , I said softly to Devin.

I glared at Peter one last time before making a hand gesture. Green smoke swirled around me and the injured lost boy and we disappeared from Peter's sight and then reappeared in my bedroom.

" Go lie down. " , I pointed to my bed.

Devin nodded before lying down on my bed. I grabbed my desk chair and placed it in front of him. Then I sat down on the desk chair and placed one hand on his head and one hand on his arm. I closed my eyes and focused on my magic.

I felt energy flow through my body and then transfer to my friend. He took a few deep breaths before I focused on his bloody brusies and painful areas on his body.

From there on, I opened my eyes and smiled slightly seeing the outline of Devin's body glowing green before it disappeared. The once injured lost boy sat up against the bed and felt his cheek with his hand before moving his arms and legs. A sigh of relief escaped from my lips before smiling slightly at Devin.

" Thank you, Petra. " , he said.

" No problem, love. " , I replied before pushing myself from the desk chair and rolling it back to my desk.

" I mean it, Petra. The lost boys and I are glad that you live here. " , Devin nodded.

" I'm glad that you and the boys were brought here to Neverland. " , I smiled slightly.

Devin reached out and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him as I gently ran my fingers through my hair. He laid his head on my shoulder and stayed quiet.

" My mother was never there for me. But I'm grateful to have you there for me. " , Devin whispered.

I stayed slient before I continued to ran my fingers through his hair. His words hit my heart making it melt. My eyes started to get watery at the thought of a mother.

A mother that neither of us had.

A/N: Do you like Devin? I hope y'all have a lovely day 💕

⭐️ VOTE!

💭 COMMENT!

📱 SHARE!