9

Petra's POV

" Are you crazy, Petra? I could have hurt you. " , he scolded me.

" That's sweet that you care about me, but I'm not going to let you hurt Tootles. " , I gave a fake smile.

" I'm suppose to hurt him. It's part of it. " , he explained.

" Well you are going to have to get through me if you want to hurt Tootles. " , I said before grabbing the spear and tossing it aside.

Whispers and gasps were heard from the crowd that just now gathered around us. Felix remained quiet as he watched the scenery. My green eyes narrowed at the lost boy and I crossed my arms while tapping my foot on the ground impatiently.

" Pan won't be pleased when he finds out that you are babying Tootles. " , he finally spoke up.

" You could have killed him! " , I exclaimed angrily.

" Well he should know how to prevent himself from getting killed. " , he scoffed.

" And you should be the one to protect him if any danger comes near Tootles. " , I retorted.

Oooooooh and ahhhhhhhs were scattered throughout the crowd gathered around us. Whispers were passed around from one boy to another and all eyes were on us.

The older lost boy looked at Tootles, who hid behind me, before his attention went towards me. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before sighing.

" It won't happen again. " , he mumbled.

" Good. " , I nodded.

The sound of slow claps were heard among the crowd. Some lost boys stepped aside to reveal my brother clapping very slowly to mock the situation that just took place. I had no doubt that he was going to say something cocky about it.

" I sensed tension and I just had to make an appearance. " , he smirked. " But now that I'm here, I'm kinda disappointed. I was expecting a fight or something. ", he frowned.

" There is no fight. " , I shook my head. " Just needed to discipline one of the boys. "

Peter hummed in response before approaching me as he stood by my side. He tilted his head at the older lost boy.

" Pan, your sister started it. She pulled Tootles out from the training ground because I was going to hurt him. Tell her that it's training! ", he said quickly while pointing at me.

" Peter, he tried to hurt Tootles. I couldn't let him get away with that! " , I defended myself.

Peter hummed as a response before slowly nodding. His forest eyes scanned the crowd of lost boys before his lips curved into a thin line.

" Back to work! The show is over! " , he yelled

The crowd of lost boys quickly scurried away back to their positions. Devin was the only lost boy who hadn't moved.

" You. " , my brother gritted his teeth.

" I'm here to support Petra. " , Devin nodded.

" Support Petra? You are MY lost boy, not hers. ", my brother sneered glaring at Devin before he turned towards me. " And this is MY training ground. So if Tootles is up to fight against a lost boy then he must step up his game, not be babied by you. " , he scolded me

" I told you Pan wouldn't be pleased. " , the older lost boy retorted.

I felt anger boil in my blood. My heart ached from the betrayal I felt when Peter took the older lost boy's side. Being the only female in camp surrounded by males was never easy for me and I was sick of getting scolded because I was considered weak for showing compassion for the lost boys.

" Does no male know that I'm a female? " , I asked nobody in particular.

" Petra, we all know that you are a female. " , Peter rolled his eyes.

" Good. Then maybe...just maybe you could understand that I have compassion for these boys...unlike you. " , I scoffed.

I felt all eyes were turned towards me. It became silent. I bit my lip nervously and looked around the area seeing every lost boy looking at me with surprised faces. Then I looked at my brother who crossed his arms above his chest with his lips curved into a thin line.

With those stares, I could be 6ft under the ground.

" I'm sorry. " , I whispered quietly before feeling my eyes become watery.

My brother's stern face softened once he heard my voice slightly crack. The lost boys remained quiet and Devin slowly approached me with concern written on his face. Tootles even approached me, leaving Felix's side, with a frown on his face.

" Petra. " , Peter said softly.

I shook my head quickly before running away from camp. I ran past the lost boys and found myself running along a trail in the forest. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and my breaths became heavy. I kept running until I stopped and placed my arm on a tree to catch my breath.

Then I collapsed. I slide my body against the bark of the tree and hugged my knees against my chest before burying my face into my arms. I felt so embarrassed and my insecurity got to me that time. I can only hold in my emotions for so long, before I crumble down.

It didn't take long for me to hear footsteps approach me and someone wrapping their arms me. I was pulled into someone's chest, but I just remained quiet with slient tears streaming down my cheek.

A/N: Intense chapter...stay tune for more :)

⭐️ VOTE!

💭 COMMENT!

📱 SHARE!