45

Peter's POV

I didn't get much sleep last night. My mind was too busy thinking about my sister's new relationship. I had mixed feelings as into whether I should be upset that she didn't tell me before they made it offical or be happy that she has found her prince charming.

Well acually she has found her beast since Scott is a werewolf.

Anyways, I was troubled with how I was suppose to react to this. I wasn't prepared for this moment. I wasn't prepared to let my baby sister have a boyfriend. I wasn't prepared to let Petra leave Neverland to be with a werewolf. I wasn't prepared to let another male take care of her.

I wasn't prepared for this!

" Pan. ", Felix pulled me out of my thoughts.

" Yes? ", I asked

" I'm taking the lost boys out. We will be back before sundown. ", he stated

" Go ahead. ", I encouraged him

My second in commander nodded before walking past me to lead the group of boys into the woods. My attention went towards the smoky fireplace that had barely any fuel for the fire to continue and a small sigh escaped from my lips.

It's been done.

My little sister isn't a toddler anymore. She doesn't need a babysitter. She doesn't need help with anything. She doesn't need me to comfort her. She doesn't need me to protect her. She doesn't need me to check on her. She doen't need me to do everything for her. She doesn't need me to hold her when she's falling apart. She doesn't need me to boss her around.

She doesn't need me.

She doesn't need me anymore.

It's hard to believe that I could only take care of Petra for so long before her boyfriend takes over my job. I'm sure Scott will protect her, love her, care for her, comfort her, be strict with her, and check up on her. He will always be around to cherish the girl that he fell in love with.

He's the boyfriend.

I'm just the brother.

I have to let him take care of her.

I have to let Petra go.

I have to let my only family go. I have to make her happy by pretending to be okay with her having a boyfriend. I have to be fine with her leaving Neverland

Leaving me.

I took in a deep breath so I may hold back my tears, but my sadness overwhelemed me. Tears fell down my cheeks. One by one salty tears replaced another as my emotions started to get the best of me.

I may be tough on the outside, but sometimes it's hard to bottle up how you feel. I knew that I had to let it all out at one point.

And that point was now.

" Peter, are you okay? " , my sister asked me

I shook my head and kept my watery eyes focused on the floor.

" Love, would you mind gathering some more wood for the fire? " , I heard Petra said

" Sure. " , Scott replied before I heard his footsteps wander away.

A pair of arms gently wrapped around me when I sensed my sister sitting next to me. I took that opportunity to seek comfort in her arms as I buried my face into her neck. My breathing became heavy as I continued to sniffle and cry a few tears...maybe more.

My sister didn't say anything to me.

She just welcomed me into her arms and rubbed my back gently. Her fingers running through my hair as she whispered soothing words to me.

Petra was the only person who has seen me cry.

I refused to spill out my emotions to anyone else but Petra. I could only trust her since I know she wouldn't judge me.

Everyone else would judge me.

I stopped crying. All of my emotions were released, but I remained in my sister's arms for her comfort kept me sane.

" What's wrong, Peter? " , she asked softly

" Nothing. " , I mumbled

" No, tell me. " , she encouraged me.

" I'm not sure. " , I sighed

" I'm your sister. Tell me what's bothering you. " , she pleaded

A small sigh escaped from my lips. I carefully removed myself from her comfort and sat up straight before wiping my dried tears away.

" I just had a moment since I have been doing a lot of thinking. " , I said quietly

" Thinking about what? " , she questioned me

" Your relationship with Scott. " , I mumbled

" What about it? " , she sighed

" I'm afraid to let you go, Petra. I'm afraid for this new change because it happened so fast. I'm losing you and I don't know how I'm suppose to keep you here without Scott finding his way into your heart. " , I admitted

" Well, you had to let go at one point. Maybe that time is now " , she slowly nodded

" But I'm not ready to let you go. I'm not ready to lose you. " , I frowned

To lose the only family member that I have left.

⭐️ VOTE!

💭 COMMENT!

📱 SHARE!