28

Scott's POV

I sat inside of the horrid cage. The rotton smell filled my nose and I was afraid to find something half-dead in the cage or something. The bars were made of some bamboo plant that were tightly tied together into patterns. The size of the cage wasn't comfortable for me.

I could just become a werewolf and rip this cage apart, but I didn't want to to attract attention towards the leader. So I just stayed inside and sighed while hopelessly waiting for someone to appear.

My ears perked up at the sound of light footsteps approaching towards me. I hid myself in the back corner of the cage as a low growl escaped from my throat.

Although it was really dark outside, my werewolf senses allowed me to see during the dark.

" Scotty? " , an angelic voice whispered from outside.

" I'm here. " , I whispered back before moving closer to the front of the cage.

A pair of high knee brown boots stood in front of the cage. The figure knelt down to my level to reveal the familiar soft green eyes that made my stomach flutter. She placed her hands around the bars before examining my condition.

" Are you okay? " , she asked softly.

" Yeah. I'm fine. " , I assured her.

" Okay, we don't have much time. " , she whispered to me before unlocking the cage and opening the gate widely for me.

I crawled out of the cage and stood up to my full height before stretching my muscles. I sighed in relief once I felt better before I caught the green-eyed girl staring at me.

" Admiring my muscles? " , I teased her.

" No. " , she mumbled with pink cheeks.

I lightly chuckled before being dragged by Petra into the dark forest. Her grip on my wrist was tight and her focus remained on the unknown in front of us.

" Are you okay? " , I asked being concerned

" I'm fine. " , she replied bluntly.

But I was tell by the tone of her voice that something was bothering her. She looked so determined to get me out of the cage and take me to who knows where. I hope that she didn't plan to get rid of me since we encountered her brother.

I still had so many questions to ask her.

" Your grabbing me too tight. " , I informed her when I realized how tightly her grip was on me.

" Suck it up, mutt. " , Petra snorted.

" Mutt? I'm not a mutt. " , I huffed.

" Would you rather be called dog? " , she retorted.

" No. But that wasn't nice. " , I frowned.

" Well love, I can't always be nice. It's not my speciality. " , she shrugged.

" You were nice to me not so long ago. " , I reminded her. " Are you mad at me? "

" Not really. I'm just irritated. " , she said.

" Why are you irritated? " , I asked.

" Because of your stupid decision, I have to fix the mess that you made when you foolishly decided to come here. " , she huffed.

I stopped in my tracks which caused Petra to also stop in her tracks when she realized that I wasn't moving. She turned around and gave me an annoyed face before yanking my arm.

" Come on, we have to go. " , she said sternly.

" I'm not going anywhere until you explain to me what has gotten into you. " , I stated before pulling my arm from her grip.

" There is no point in explaining because I'm going to take you home. " , she rolled her eyes.

" And what if I don't want to go home? " , I questioned her.

" Why wouldn't you? You already know my name, so it's time for you to leave. " , she sassed me.

" Leave? I can't just leave. I still have so many questions to ask. " , I agrued.

" And it's best if your questions are left unanswered. " , she stated before approaching me.

" Why are you acting like this? Did something happen between you and your brother? " , I frowned.

Petra just looked at me with a blank expression written on her face. Her emerald eyes became watery, but no tear was spilled.

" Do you want a hug? " , I asked softly while opening my arms out to her.

She hesitated for a moment before eventually coming towards me. She snuggled herself into my chest with her arms by her side. I wrapped my arms around her gently and held her close to me.

I didn't know much about Petra, but I suspected that her life wasn't easy. I assumed that the brother was very strict and cold-hearted despite having the name, Peter Pan. Dang, she really wasn't kidding when she said that the fairytale was twisted.

If the fairytale is twisted, I wonder how twisted it really is.

" Find her and that boy! " , I heard a familiar voice holler nearby.

I slightly panicked when I saw rows of torches heading towards our way. I was about to grab Petra and run for it, but instead myself floating. My girl held my hand and led us upward. She instructed me to hold on to the tree bark.

" Petra. " , I whispered.

She placed her finger near her cute pink lips before pointing downward.

I looked down to see a herd of teenage boys dressed in dark clothing while wearing cloaks. Some of them carried bows and arrows, while the rest carried torches. A tall teenage boy walked next to Petra's brother carrying a cub over his shoulder.

" Spilt up in groups. " , he ordered.

The teenage boys scurried away in small groups going in different directions. Only Petra's brother and the tall boy remained above us.

" Do you think Petra might have been involved in the prisoner's escape? " , the blond boy asked him.

" I don't think so. I know so. " , her brother corrected his companion.

" Do you think Petra will run away with him? " , the tall boy asked.

Petra's brother became slient. Worry and concern crossed his face with a blank expression.

" Nevermind. Let's just keep going. " , his friend insisted.

The two boys disappeared into the dark forest out of our sight before I turned to Petra. The green-eyed girl stayed slient before looking at me. I have her a warm smile before holding her hand.

We both jumped down safely down the tree. I was about to chat with her, but she pulled me into a different direction into the dark forest.

" Petra, maybe you should go back to your brother. " , I suggested to her.

" You save my butt. I save yours. " , she replied confidently.

A small smile formed on my face before I allowed Petra to led me wherever we were going. And I swear that I caught her smiling as well.

⭐️ VOTE!

💭 COMMENT!

📱SHARE!