Chapter 11: The Problem With Sprites

Hi everyone! I hope this update finds you all well. I meant to update this sooner, but with me still adjusting to motherhood (it's weird to think I have an almost 3 month old now) sometimes I forget things or haven't got the time. She doesn't just sleep and eat anymore (now she wants to start to look at mobiles, shake rattles, attempt to talk to us and sit more upright, etc.), so I don't always get a lengthy break in the afternoon anymore. Some days, I have NO break until the husband gets home from work, and then sometimes work still isn't done.

But with the teaser trailer dropping for the Artemis Fowl movie yesterday, I couldn't resist getting this chapter done and posted for you! I'm very excited about the movie (I mean... I've been waiting for 17 years at this point, 18 by the time it's in theaters) but I am also very nervous about what they may do with it. I know they have made quite a few changes, and I'm not sure how I feel about most of them. I'm open to talk about it with any of you! I'm sure I have been bothering my husband and best friends about this movie and would love to talk about it with other fans!

This chapter may need a bit of a warning. I did try to warn you all at the beginning this one may be a bit more dark and adult in nature than the previous book, but I felt the need to warn you again. There is a non-consensual kiss in this chapter, and while it doesn't go far beyond that, I know that alone could prove to be distressing for some.

Anyways, here's chapter 11! I hope to have more up soon!
**************************************************************************

Alex and Diana were shoved down a hallway and up a set of stairs, completely away from the rest of the group. It appeared as if they were in a refurbished warehouse of sorts that looked as if the main floor had been converted into a giant office space with cubicles and everything. Fairies dressed in tie-dye clothes and peace signs were among the office space, some panicking slightly while others were completely calm. Alex slowed down to glance around but was shoved back into motion. Diana hadn't bothered to stop and look; this wasn't her first hostage situation after all. She didn't need to look around to know this was their base.

A few moments later, the dwarves that were leading them herded them both into a side door. Through the door was a room that had dark green walls and beige carpet. Two twin-sized mattresses were lined against the wall to the right with dark brown comforters and pillows of various green and tans. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact they were being essentially kidnapped, Diana would've been rather comfortable in this room. The dwarves un-cuffed the two girls and skittered out of the room, locking the door behind them.

The girls were rubbing their wrists where the cuffs dug in as they took in their new surroundings. One of the first things Diana noticed was a video camera above the door making sure that its occupants weren't trying any funny business. There was a single door in the back left corner of the room, and Alex took it upon herself to investigate it while Diana continued to look around the room.

Alex stepped into the room, looking around suspiciously at the bathroom. Sure enough, in the corner was another security camera just beside the toilet. Alex sighed angrily; a camera in the bathroom of all places! The nerve. She glanced around again, trying to figure out a way to cover the camera so they could at least have privacy in the bathroom. There was a small cabinet next to the sink, and upon opening it, she found several fluffy towels. Alex grabbed three from the shelves, setting two on the counter. She then stood up on the toilet lid and draped the third towel over it. Problem solved, at least for now. Alex was already angry since the weather refused to cooperate, and now she was just pissed because she and Diana were stuck in a strange room and were likely being watched by a creepy sprite.

"Pervert," she muttered to herself before grabbing the two remaining towels and heading back to the main room, where Diana just stood shaking her head. Alex handed her friend the towel before speaking again. "I hope you won't get mad at me, but your boyfriend is so getting punched in the face when and if I see him again."