Chapter 13: So Expected

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay! My life has been pretty busy these days with the baby, being back to work, and all that. It doesn't help I have been sick on and off for the past few weeks. Anyways, I was able to finally finish this, so I hope you like it! Thank you all for your patience with me. I truly appreciate it!
*************************************************************

A few hours had passed, and Alex was sitting up in bed, stretching her arms. It was quiet, and she was growing bored. She looked over to see Diana still sleeping soundly, curled up in a ball and arms wrapped around a pillow. To be honest, Alex was shocked to see Diana sleeping as well as she was after the incident. She never would've been able to sleep after that, but she supposed at this point, she supposed stress alone probably drove her friend to slumber.
Not to mention, this wasn't the first time Diana had been kidnapped.

Unable to take the silence anymore, Alex jumped off her bed and made her way to Diana's bed. She shook her friend's shoulder a little harder than she probably should have. "Diana, wake up."

Her friend's brown eyes slowly opened, and then she sat up quickly, seemingly freaked out that she was still there as she began looking frantically around the room. Alex grabbed her friend by the shoulders, trying to calm her down.

"Shh, Diana," she shushed. "I'm here, I'm here."

Diana took a couple deep breaths, before pulling away from Alex's grasp, brushing her friend's hands off of her. She took one hand and smoothed her long hair out of her face. After one more deep breath, Diana finally looked up at Alex. "What happened?"

Alex shrugged. "Nothing happened. You must have been dreaming."

"Yeah... I must've been," Diana decided. She sighed. "I think I might be catching Artemis' paranoia."

"Pretty sure being kidnapped multiple times will do that to you," Alex said, trying her best to not sound sarcastic. "But I don't blame you. You never know when that pervert will be back."

Diana shuddered at the thought. The girl had never felt so violated in all her life. Then again, nothing like that had ever happened to her before, so it certainly made sense. Diana stretched briefly, and then stood for a moment before sitting back down. "I need to shower," she announced. "I feel positively repulsive."

"I don't blame you," Alex muttered. "When we get back home, you can have first dibs on the shower. I promise."

"If we get back home, that is."

Alex was going to reply when the room's door burst open. Ortherion, along with some of his seemingly never-ending supply of cronies, entered the room. With a quick snap, the girls found themselves in cuffs once again. An evil smirk was plastered to his face, and somehow they knew this was not going to be a pleasant experience.

"Guess what, my lovelies?" he mused. "It's that time."

"What time?" Alex snarled, trying to fight off the goblins holding her back.

"By not giving me what I want, you decided your friends' fates," Ortherion explained. "And you will get to be the first to witness the beginning of the end."

He left the room, having the goblins drag Alex and Diana out of their bedroom as they followed him down the hall to another room. They entered the expansive area and saw the others bound to chairs in the corner of the room, facing a large object covered by a large white sheet. The goblins tied the girls to two spare chairs on the other side of the room, allowing them to see their friends and the horrified looks upon their faces. Ortherion stood not too far away, in between the group of prisoners.