Ch. 3 House of the Rising Sun

FIGHTERS
[1×02]

AS MUCH AS I LOVED MY FRIENDS, I EVENTUALLY ENDED UP BACK IN NEW ORLEANS. Even if I couldn't be there to help Caroline get her new dorm set up, I wanted to at least keep track of what was going on with my sister. The two of us were video chatting while I sat on my bed in the plantation house.

"So, how's the lovely dorm room?" I wondered.

She smiled. "See for yourself." She flipped he camera around and showed me the room.

"Nice, but who's sweater is that? Tell me you did not let Elena buy that ugly yellow thing," I said, noticing it on one of the beds.

"Oh, I didn't. That's my roommate, Megan's," she explained.

"You and Elena have another roommate who isn't a Bennett witch?" I asked.

"Yep, and she's human. I did find vervain water in her mini fridge, so I'm not sure if she knows about us or not."

"Wait, your telling me you have someone who watches you sleep and keeps vervain? What if she pours it on you while your sleeping then stakes you?"

"Oh, thanks for that lovely thought," my sister told me.

I smiled. "Happy to help."

She rolled her eyes. "Are you showing yet? Can't tell with the camera and I never did get to see a pregnant you when it was Lilly," she said.

I looked down at myself, touching my stomach. "Not yet. And I want to remind you, I wasn't the one who decided to keep you in the dark about Lilly, that was all up to our crazy parents," I said.

"Speaking of, have you and mom made up yet?" she wondered.

"Nope. We haven't spoken, I'm waiting on her to call."

"I'm pretty sure she is doing the same thing."

"Well, then I guess she isn't going to meet her second grandchild," I said.

"Rory," she began.

"She started this, she needs to call me if she wants to end it," I told her.

Caroline started to protest, but I heard the door open and she plastered a fake smile on her face. "Sorry, am I interrupting something?" asked an unfamiliar voice.

"Oh, is that the roommate? I want to see her," I said.

"I was video chatting with my sister. She moved away to live with her evil baby-daddy a few weeks ago," Caroline told the girl, not letting me see.

"Can you please come up with a different name for him? It wasn't even this bad when he was tormenting my last one. Now can you let me see her?" I asked.

"Fine," Caroline caved. "My sister wants to see you," she told Megan.

Megan came around so that I could see her and we waved at each other. "Hi," I said.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I will get out of the two of yous way," she said, and stepped out of sight.

"Can I call you back?" Caroline wondered.

"Yeah, I need to check on Lilly anyway," I said.

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."