Ch. 2 Alive and Kicking

FEEL
[2×02]

AFTER WORKING TOGETHER TO DEFEAT FRANCESCA, ME AND KLAUS DECIDED WE MIGHT AS WELL CONTINUE TO DO SO. He had been wanting to do something, and he had let me accept my new vampire nature at the same time.

Somewhere in the midst of draining a few witches dry, we had ended up in his bedroom while most of our clothes were still downstairs.

It had also became morning, or at least I assumed it had. The sun coming through the window was the only thing that told me it had.

There was a knock at Klaus' door. Given that everyone who would stop by had supernatural hearing, we both guessed that they would get the hint. The knock came again, however. Me and Klaus looked at each other. "You said that only white oak can kill an Original. So does that mean I can take your brother's head off?" I asked.

Klaus chuckled, rolling to his side of the bed while I pulled the sheet up over my chest. "What the hell do you want, Elijah?" I asked.

He opened the door, looking rather disappointed in both me and his brother. "You two have had an eventful evening," he noted. Me and Klaus just smirked.

"I was having a crap day so Klaus took me to the Cauldron. And wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches," I said.

"So would you two like me to remove your leftovers?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, letting the sheet fall. Klaus chuckled as his brother looked away. Elijah picked up some of my clothes off the floor and held them out.

I smiled at Klaus as I put on my underwear and one of his T-shirts. "Oh, don't judge, Elijah. What I did was no worse than anything Klaus has ever done," I said, making Klaus chuckle again.

"I would hope that you hold yourself to a higher standard than Niklaus," he said.

My smile dropped. I didn't really get why Elijah could make his words sting as much as they always did. "I'm a hybrid now. I have a werewolf temper to go with my new appetite. And the witches that tried to kill my babies, they're worth nothing more than food. Excuse me," I said, walking out of the room.

I headed downstairs, still only in Klaus' T-shirt and my underwear. Hayley was standing in the courtyard, looking at the dead bodies. "What the hell happened here?" she asked.

"Your sister and my brother decided they were going to have an entertaining night," Elijah told her.

"Pretty much," I said, smirking.

"Why did you let her do that?" Hayley asked, as if I wasn't even there.

"In case you've forgotten, your sister isn't the easiest thing to control," he said.

"I'm right here," I said.

"But you let Klaus take her on a murder spree, before taking advantage of her and her messed up feelings. Good work," Hayley told him.

"I think the taking advantage part was mutual," I said.

"I didn't see you babysitting her all night," Elijah told my hybrid sister.

"We agreed you would try to keep her out of trouble last night," Hayley said.

"Okay, I'm right here," I said.

"Yes, we noticed," Elijah said, turning towards me. "You told me I was your friend the other night, speaking as your friend, I don't like any of your most recent decisions."