Ch. 19 Exquisite Corpse

MADAME LARUE
[2×17]

AFTER A WHILE OF PLAYING WITH LILLY, I HEADED UPSTAIRS TO CHECK ON HOPE. I found Rebekah standing in her nursery. I knew Rebekah checked in on them. The thing that bothered me was that I could smell blood. One of my wolves was laying dead in the other doorway. My eyes turned gold as I ran towards the witch. "Get away from her," I said, throwing Rebekah away from the crib. I moved to make sure Hope was okay, and was thrown backwards into my bedroom by magic.

"Rebekah, what are you doing?" Klaus asked, entering the nursery.

She used magic to give him an aneurysm, causing him to fall to the ground. I ran back in, only to hit the ground as she did the same thing to me. I had distracted her, though. Her magic on Klaus loosened and he slashed his hand out, leaving claw marks down her leg. She kicked him, before running away.

Me and Klaus panted as we both lunged towards the crib, where a confused, but perfectly fine, Hope laid. Me and Klaus glanced at each other, both wondering what had just happened.

Lilly walked into the room. "What's going on?" she asked.

Me and Klaus looked at each other, smiling slightly. We may almost die on a daily basis, but at least the kids were oblivious to it. "Nothing, baby," I said.

Klaus nodded. I picked up Hope and he picked up Lilly. "Does this mean you two can both come play with me?" she asked.

Me and Klaus chuckled. "Of course, but let's just go play downstairs," he told her. They left the room. I walked back into mine, going to the window Rebekah- or whoever that was- had escaped through. I looked down at the street, but it was clear she was gone.

I frowned, holding Hope close to me. "Mommy? Are you coming?" Lilly yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second," I yelled back. I left my room and went downstairs where she had already managed to drag Klaus into a game. He gave me a look that said he really needed me to save him. I didn't, however. This was the best the two of us had gotten along in weeks.

|

"I should stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling," Klaus said, getting out the shackles that we had used on Finn and Kol. He handed them to Marcel. I was sitting on a desk nearby. "Find Rebekah, or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was. Use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

We had learned that the original owner of Rebekah's body was fighting back and retaking control. The problem was that she had killed several children, all fellow witches. Elijah had gone to negotiate with the witches and gotten us more time to save her, but that had been over a day ago.

"I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed the witch kids. The twenty four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her," Marcel warned.

Klaus turned in my direction. "Go to Elijah. Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt," he told me.

"And leave Hope and Lilly here? Don't you think I should stay and protect our daughters?" I asked.