Ch. 11 The Casket Girls

CASKET GIRLS
[1×10]

WHY DID EVERY TOWN I MOVED TO LOVE TO HAVE FESTIVALS? There was one going on tonight, honoring the Casket Girls. All the girls were supposed to wear white dresses in celebration.

I could tell Rebekah was excited for it, given that she had been around when the original Casket Girls were still alive. She had bought Lilly a cute little white dress to wear, and told me I could borrow one of her old dresses if I could find one that fit. The only problem was that while me and Rebekah were usually close in size, I was currently six months pregnant. Nothing fit correctly with my baby bump.

I pulled on one that was really pretty, but there was no way I was going to get the zipper up by myself. I ran a hand over my bump, before struggling to zip up the dress again. Lilly began laughing from where she sat playing in the corner. "Oh, you think this is funny?" I asked, making faces at her as she giggled. I shook my head in amusement at the two year old, before trying the zipper again. "Ugh, this stupid dress."

"Would you like some help?" I turned to see Klaus standing in the doorway.

I sighed. I didn't want his help, but I also knew I was never zipping this on my own. "Sure. You might have to use all your hybrid strength though," I told him.

"Allow me," he said. He walked over to me and zipped up my dress.

"Thanks," I muttered, looking in the mirror at myself. I frowned. As pretty as the dress was, I just looked awkward in it with my baby bump sticking out. "Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess."

"I think you look lovely," he told me.

I turned to face him, some of my hair falling out of it's bun and into my face. Klaus brushed a strand behind my ear, leaving his hand on my cheek. I reached up and grabbed his hand, pushing it away from my face. "I'm still mad at you, but if you touch me I will forget about it and forgive you and I can't do that," I said.

"Sure you can," he told me.

"No, I can't, Klaus," I snapped, letting go of his hand and taking a step back. "We are going to be parents in a few months and we're going to have to do it together. You can't keep making all the decisions on your own and expect me to be okay with it. That's not how this is going to work."

"Love, I-"

"Don't. Please, just don't," I said.

"Alright, fine," he said, leaving the room. I sighed in frustration, why did this have to be so complicated?

|

I walked into the courtyard, returning the dress to Rebekah. I had ahold Lilly's tiny little hand. "Oh, she looks so precious," Rebekah said, seeing that Lilly was wearing the dress she had bought her.

I smiled as Rebekah picked up my daughter. I put the dress back into the trunk I had found it in, glancing up at Klaus who was standing on the balcony.

"So the little witch is missing, huh?" I asked. Klaus was organizing vampire search parties to find Davina who had gone missing.

"Walked right out the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?" Rebekah wondered.

"No, although I did tell her that the witch elders were dead," I admitted.

"Well, why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah wondered.

"I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated," I explained.

"So you are the reason she's run off," Rebekah said.

"Hey, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches," I said.

"Well, I've never been a fan of the boy's club. Just wait, Elijah will join them, and the three of them will be impossible," she warned, the two of us glancing up at Marcel and Klaus. "Used by witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus- she's like a modern day Casket Girl."

I gave her a look. "You talking about Davina or yourself?" I asked.

"Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together," she told me.

I nodded, glancing at Klaus again. "Yeah, because I think we're the only ones we've really got right now."

|

I spent my night video chatting with Caroline and my mom about everyone's current drama. I was trying to stay up to date with everything going on in Mystic Falls, even if I was fully aware that Caroline was leaving things out as to not worry me. I talked to both of them for a while, before getting Lilly ready for bed. Once she was asleep, I started to get bored and walked out of the room. I entered a study, where Elijah and Hayley were. "What's going on?" I wondered.

"These are Davina's sketches. I wonder if they represent some kind of premonition. They seem to suggest something is coming, something sinister," Elijah told us while he started arranging the sketches like puzzle pieces.

They formed a giant picture of a woman. "Who is that?" I wondered. I got no answer, but it was obvious Elijah and Hayley knew exactly who it was. Hayley ran out of the room, and I followed.

"Come on, Sophie. Pick up. Pick up," she begged, holding her phone to her ear.

"Hayley, what did you do?" I asked.

She turned to face me, and I could see the fear written all over her face.

Please vote and comment!