Ch. 11 Brotherhood of the Damned

GRANDMA MARY
[2×11]

I WOULD'VE LIKED TO HELP MY HUSBAND-TO-BE, BUT HAYLEY BEGGED ME TO COME TO THE BAYOU WITH HER. Today her and Jackson started preparing for the wedding and since she was doing it for me I felt obligated to help her. I went out to the bayou to meet her, Jackson and Aiden while Klaus stayed in the city to look for Finn.

Aiden dropped several rings into a bowl in front of us. "Well, that's the last of them. Everyone out here is officially ring free," he told us.

"And better off," I said.

"Easy for you to say. You're a hybrid. I'm back to turning every single full moon. And if the wolves who are loyal to Finn come back here, they're gonna rip right through us. So I gotta ask, when's this wedding?" Aiden wondered.

"Ten days. After that, Hayley's power is your power. The full moon won't control you anymore. Spread the word. Any wolf who wants in needs to be here to bear witness to the wedding," Jackson told him.

"Yeah, I can do that. What are you guys gonna do?" Aiden asked.

"We are going to meet an elder," Jackson announced.

Hayley gave him a look and I put a hand on her shoulder. "And I am here for moral support," I promised. She gave me a small smile. I turned towards Jackson. "Why do we need an elder?"

"We need an old-school Crescent Wolf to conduct the wedding. Then there are the trials," Jackson told us.

Hayley gave him yet another look. "Don't worry. We say a few oaths, do some trust falls, smoke a little blue calamus root out of a peace pipe, piece of cake," he explained.

"Well, good luck with that," Aiden told us and walked off.

"Any idea where we can find an elder?" Hayley asked.

"Well, that depends. You got any interest in meeting my grandma?" Jackson asked. Me and Hayley smiled, maybe this wouldn't be too hard.

|

The three of us made our way through the woods. "Are we hiking to Baton Rouge?" Hayley asked after a little while.

"Just a little bit farther," Jackson promised. "You nervous?"

"I'm not nervous. Although I should be. She is your grandmother," Hayley told him.

"She usually likes the girls I bring home," he told us.

"Oh, really?" Hayley asked, both of us raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly how many girls have you brought to meet her?" I asked.

Jack laughed at us. "No, I've never brought anyone to meet her. So you gotta make a good impression. She's got no one crazy to compare you with," he told my sister.

"Tell her anything about me and she will," I told them, making them roll their eyes.

"I am great with old people. And babies. It's just the in-between I suck at," Hayley said.

"Hey, at least you got the old people. All I got is the babies. Old people are too judgey," I told her.

"Not sure if you really have the babies," Hayley said, patting me on the shoulder.