Ch. 18 Farewell to Storyville

BEX
[1×16]

AFTER KLAUS HAD LEFT, I WENT BACK INSIDE TO TALK TO CAMI. "He's gone. Now we just wait and see what happens," I told her.

She nodded. "Why did Elijah bring you here? How do you and Klaus know each other?" I asked.

She smiled and sat down on the couch next to me. "He compelled me to 'write his memoirs'. Or at least that is what he calls it. In reality, I think he just wanted someone who almost has a psychology degree and isn't involved in everything to talk to," she told me.

I blinked. "So, you're his compelled therapist?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, I think that is about the best way to explain it," she said.

"Why you?" I wondered.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe because I was one of the first people he met in town," she told me.

I nodded, hating that I felt a little jealous. "He talks about you a lot," she said.

I looked at the ground, knowing I was blushing. "He loves you," she told me.

"I know," I said.

"So how did you and Klaus even meet?" Cami asked me.

I smiled. "Umm, the first time I met him or the first time I met him in his own body?" I asked.

She gave me a look. "The first time me and Klaus met, he was in the body of a guy that was like a dad to me. I didn't know that it was him and not Ric for a little while. The first time I actually met him though, I was seventeen, I couldn't find a babysitter so Lilly was with me and I was sitting at a bar with Damon- my protective vampire best friend- and Ric- my protective vampire hunter, father figure. I had just gotten into a fight with Tyler- Lilly's father- who at the time was a werewolf," I told her.

She raised an eyebrow. "Your life seems very interesting compared to mine. Well, compared to the life I had before he showed up," she told me.

"Yeah, it has been an interesting two years. I remember being pretty scared of Klaus when I met him. If he had laid a finger on Lilly I would have come apart." A smile played at my lips as I remembered something from a few nights prior. "Now he checks on her at night," I said.

"If you were so afraid of him, how did you end up falling in love with him?" she wondered.

"Because I realized that he would never physically hurt me or my daughter. He may drive me crazy, but the last thing he would ever do is hurt us," I told her. "Speaking of, I probably need to check on her."

I hopped up and went to check on my daughter. Cami followed. "Oh, she is so adorable," Cami told me. "How old is she?"

"Two," I said, lifting Lilly out of her crib.

"Terrible twos?" Cami asked.

I smiled. "It is definitely harder than when she was one, but I think her sister has something to do with that," I said.

"Well, from what I've heard you're doing just fine," she said. 

I looked at the human. While I had been jealous earlier, I suddenly realized I wasn't anymore. I had expected her to be judgmental, to have feelings for Klaus, to be as bad as the rest of us. She wasn't. "I hope so," I said.

|

Once Cami had left, I headed to the bayou to stay with Hayley. She had gotten Celeste to give her what would undo the curse, but we had to wait till the next full moon to use it.

I was sitting by the fire, Hayley next to me and Lilly in her lap. The sun had set for the day. I stood when I heard a twig snap, only to relax when I realized who it was.  "Rebekah, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be running away from your brother?" I asked.

"I am, actually. I had to come say goodbye," she told me.

"What happened to us girls sticking together?" Hayley asked, standing.

"Well, Nik and I came up with a sort of all or nothing arrangement. I leave town for good, he allows me to. Can't pass that up," she said.

I nodded, even though I was really gonna miss the she-devil. "One thousand years with Klaus, I guess you deserve a few vacation days," Hayley told her.

"Listen," she said, turning back towards me. "About Nik, I know you love him, but he is a monster. Do not ever cross him, but he does want more in life than to be feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in you and your baby. And speaking of your child, our family has no shortage of enemies. She will inherit all of them. Please be careful."

I nodded, rubbing my bump. "You know you can always come visit. I've been known to keep a secret or two from Klaus," I told her.

"Well, if I can't, you make sure to tell that little girl stories about her crazy Auntie Bex and let her know that despite my absence, I do love her very much." She glanced at Lilly, who Hayley was holding. "Both of them."

I smiled. Rebekah took Lilly from Hayley. My daughter grinned, happy to see her. "Hi, sweet girl. You may not be my blood, but I will happily let you call me Auntie Bex anytime you want. I'm really going to miss you," she said, holding Lilly close to her.

Hayley took Lilly back from her, so that I could hug the vampire. "I really hope my daughters know you, and I really hope you are happy," I told her.

She pulled away, smiling at me even though we both had tears in our eyes.

I hate this part. I wish Rebekah was in the show more. I was starting to like her and Rory's relationship.

Please vote and comment!