Ch. 1 Rebirth

KILLER
[2×01]

THE LAST FOUR MONTHS WITHOUT MY DAUGHTERS HAD BEEN THE HARDEST IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Klaus was helpful for the first month. He helped me through my first and last full moon. Despite being a hybrid, I had to turn the first full moon after I triggered my curse. Nature still had some rules.

After a little while, I think we both started reminding each other too much of our daughter. So Klaus moved out of my room, and I almost completely moved out of the compound. I spent most of my time either in the bayou in wolf form, or walking around the Quarter as a human.

Surprisingly enough, I had started to become friends with Davina Claire. It was kind of funny to think about the fact that I wasn't that much older than the little witch. She was only about two and a half years younger than me. The difference was that Davina was and still knew how to be a teenager.

My twentieth birthday, along with Lilly's third, had already gone by. Caroline had came with my mom, Elena and Ric. They had all four tried to get me to celebrate, but I didn't really know how at this point.

I hadn't really celebrated my birthday in a while. I had been on my last month of pregnancy when I turned seventeen. My dad had gotten me a jumbo cupcake and given me fifty dollars for it. All the money had later been spent on stuff for Lilly, and a pair of jeans that weren't maternity.

I had actually forgotten my eighteenth. I had been distracted with everything going on in the supernatural part of my life and the fact that Lilly would be having her first birthday only four days later. Caroline had gotten me a little cake and everyone had pretty much just given me my gifts the next time they saw me.

And I had been pregnant again for my nineteenth, and Klaus and Elijah didn't remember.

Klaus had remembered my birthday this year, not that I had seen him at all that day. He had left a rose and charm bracelet outside my door.

Right now I was distracting myself from my daughters by walking down the street to a music store with Davina.

"You okay?" Davina wondered.

"Yeah. Uh, just one of the harder days," I admitted.

"Ok. Maybe new music will cheer you up," Davina told me.

I sighed, stopping. "Why don't you just go get your music? I think I'm going to head out to the bayou," I told her.

"You sure?" Davina asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I said.

"Okay," she said, nodding.

I started walking off, and accidentally bumped into a boy. He was about my age with brown hair.

"Sorry," I said.

"No worries, darling," he said.

I looked at him. Everything about him other than his looks was familiar. The way he carried himself, to the mischievous smile on his face, to the way he called me darling.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"I don't believe so. I'm Kaleb," he introduced.

"Rory," I said.

He smiled, but something about it said he wasn't really happy. "Nice to meet you," he said.

|