Chapter 2: The Necklace

After walking through the Forbidden Falls, Stota entered a whole new world called the 21st century. Many years went by, and he made his way in this new world, creating a life for himself and Aqua. He received a job working at a high grossing computer company, where he climbed to the top of the corporation's ladder. Stota was now the vice president of this computer company, and everyone knew it by how he dressed and how he acted. Besides getting a job with a really good pay, he raised King Richard and Queen Lucille's daughter Aqua as his own. Stota never told Aqua about her past and never will; it is best that it remains a secret, Stota told himself. Since Stota had to go on lots of business trips, he got Aqua a pet, an orange tabby that had mysteriously arrived at their door one day with a collar around its neck that said Firestar. Little did Stota know who it really was.

Aqua, now fifteen, lives the high life in a mansion with servants, but she does not let her wealthy life affect who she is. Due to the prestigious lifestyle, Aqua's father was never around, so Aqua's raised herself creating the confident and loyal person she is today. Thanks to Aqua's life experiences, she is both street smart, has a sense of adventure, and stands up for what she believes in. Then, Aqua's ordinary life gets turned upside down, and this is where her story begins.

It was a beautiful day on the coast of Coronado, and fifteen-year-old Aqua Frazee was at home studying her geometry packet for Monday's finals. She had been studying for hours, so she decided she needed a break and called up her two best friends, Serena and Elizabeth, for a late afternoon swim in her backyard.

Aqua met Elizabeth and Serena while playing against them in a volleyball game several years ago. Since then the three girls have become very close friends. With the school's finals starting in just two days, Aqua knew they probably needed the break from studying as much as she did, if they were studying that is.

Ding dong! The doorbell rang and Aqua jumped up from the couch and set her packet down on the coffee table then made her way to the door and opened it for her friends. Two teenage girls greeted Aqua with warm smiles after she opened the door. One girl was tall, had gorgeous blond hair, and was wearing a pink cover-up with bling over her pink and white polka-dotted bikini, this girl was Elizabeth Andrews. She was one of the popular girls at Sun Coast High and a big fashionista; she knew what was hot even before people were wearing it. Elizabeth also competes in the town's gymnastics competitions as well as singing in a local band that she had created with her other friends a few years back. Her dad Frank Andrews was a big businessman that made a lot of money just like Stota so most of the time the men got along.

Serina, on the other hand, had her brown hair tied in a ponytail and was wearing a deep purple tankini. Serina was the prankster in the group. She loved to do anything that involved pranks or jokes.

"I'm so glad you invited us over," exclaimed Elizabeth as she walked through the door. "I hadn't had a chance to wear my new swimsuit this year and this seemed like a perfect opportunity."

Both Aqua and Serina rolled their eyes; it was so typical of Elizabeth to talk about her clothes. When they were younger, it use to annoy them, but now they have learned to accept it whether they liked hearing about it or not. "I'm so glad you guys could make it, I almost thought you wouldn't come due to studying for Monday's finals and everything."

"Wait, we need to study for the finals?" Serina asked.

Typical Serina, thought Aqua, not knowing there was a test coming up. Even if she had known the test was coming up she would not be studying anyway. How she managed to pass her classes was beyond Aqua. "Well, I for one need to cool off in the pool, who's ready?"

Elizabeth and Serina let out an approving yay, took off their cover-ups, and headed for the pool. The three girls brought out their beach towels and set them on the table only a few feet away from the pool which was at least twenty feet long with a small waterfall that led to a cave behind it. Aqua's dad had put lots of money into his house and always had it clean just in case he had some company come over at the last minute, and with her dad, that was all the time.