Chapter 12: The Raid

A sleeping Aqua was awakened by her alarm on her phone which read one o'clock in the morning. She let out a yawn and almost thought about going back to sleep, but she really wanted to attack Sinergy where it hurt.

Seeing Firestar sleeping on her pillow close to her head, caused Aqua to very gingerly climb out of bed. Once she pulled the covers back, it revealed her black leather pants and an equally black tank top. Before she climbed into bed several hours earlier, Aqua made sure to be in moveable clothes for tonight's adventure.

After hopping out of bed, Aqua removed her earbuds which she had used to hear her alarm without Firestar hearing it too. She quietly went into her bathroom and grabbed her black jacket in case it was cold, but turned on the light and closed the door, so if Firestar did wake and see that Aqua was not there he would think she was in the bathroom. Then she made her great escape out of her bedroom and down the stairs only stopping to grab her-of course-black tennis shoes before sneaking out the sliding glass door. Thank the Lord Maudie forgot to set the alarm most of the time otherwise she would have been caught by now.

Taking a deep breath, Aqua quickly and quietly dove into the deep end of the pool, barely making a splash. She broke the surface and began to breaststroke to the cave, excitement building in each propelled movement she did. Using the light from her phone, Aqua navigated through the dark tunnel and finally managed to break through the waterfall on the other side.

Completely dry, Aqua trudged through the Forbidden Forest. It was still a little weird to be in such an unfamiliar world listening to the nocturnal creatures call out into the night. The trees swayed in the wind making Aqua grateful for bringing her leather jacket. The only light that illuminated her path was from the moon otherwise she would have to use her phone and that was not the best idea at the moment if she was trying to be sneaky.

Since they did not make a meeting point, Aqua did the most logical thing and waited in the clearing where she had last seen BlackHawk earlier that day. She leaned against a tree to get a good view of her surroundings, but she did not do a very good job because a hand grabbed her shoulder causing her to jump a little. Aqua spun around to be met with BlackHawk's blue eyes. She punched him in the shoulder which caused him to say ow. "What was that for?" He asked.

"You scared me," she simply replied. BlackHawk rolled his eyes then returned to his serious mode, "Now that you have bruised my shoulder, lets head out."

Aqua quietly followed behind BlackHawk to the point where he looked over several times to see if she was actually there at all. Using the cover of darkness, the two continued to walk through the forest until they came upon a dirt road. BlackHawk stopped abruptly almost causing Aqua to crash into his back. "Sinergy's shipment will be here soon. Until then we will hide in the trees. I saw that you're pretty good with a knife, so I brought you these," said BlackHawk as he reached into his pants' pocket and pulled out about ten perfectly brandished knives that reflected the moonlight off their surface. Aqua gratefully took the knives and placed them in her back pocket until she needed them.

"You take that tree," BlackHawk pointed to a tree to Aqua's right as he spoke. "Be careful," he said as he began to climb. "And please try not to kill me."

"No promises," Aqua replied with a smirk and began to scale the tree BlackHawk had picked out for her. Once at the point where sturdier branches began to appear, Aqua picked a limb to perch at, the limb was not super high, so she could jump down when the cart would approach, and it was not low enough to be seen either.

Next was the hardest part of the so-called 'mission'... waiting. Patience was never one of Aqua's best attributes. She hated waiting because for most of her life that was all she ever did. Waiting for Stota to come home from a business trip. Waiting for the chance to prove herself. And waiting to be a family that she soon learned could never happen. It was times like these that Aqua would try to escape reality by keeping herself busy, that is why she had jumped on the opportunity when Darkmoon said he would train her because it distracted her from the realization that she had been betrayed by the one person close to her.