Chapter 7: Training

It was Wednesday morning, a day before summer started, and already Aqua had a lot planned for her summer. She was going to learn to use her powers the correct way and learn as much as she could about her real parents. During her final day at school, she finished testing in her classes and hung out with her friends the extra time she had when she finished her exams.

After school, her friend Elizabeth had invited her over to hang out at the mall. Of course, Aqua had said yes to the opportunity to distract herself and agreed to meet up after school. Aqua, Serina, and Elizabeth met after their last class by the lockers and headed to the school's parking lot where Elizabeth's mom was waiting to pick them up.

"It was so nice of your mom to offer to pick us up after school and take us to the mall," said Aqua as she hopped into the car. "Ya, thank you Mrs. Andrews," Serina said as she came in behind Aqua and closed the door. "No problem girls." Mrs. Andrews replied as she went through Sun Coast High's parking lot.

"You guys have no idea how much I needed this," said Aqua. It was true, Aqua had just found out that Stota was not her father, but in fact, a villain who killed her parents and took her away to another world. Not only that but her cat Firestar is a Guardian, who can shapeshift into any male creature and is sworn to protect her till his last breath.

"I'm so glad school is over," said Serina. "Me too," Elizabeth added, "And I think I aced my finals." "So do I, but since school is over let's get that music started," said Aqua pulling out her phone to play some tunes.

Aqua, Elizabeth, and Serina were all listening to High School Musical 2 Summer, as Mrs. Andrews arrived at the mall parking lot, which was not a coincidence since summer had just started. The three girls hopped out of the car, said their goodbyes, and headed off to have some fun.

It had been several hours and already the girls were completely exhausted, so they decided to get some food and sit down in the food court.

"Man, I'm so tired I could fall asleep right here. I thought the mall was supposed to be relaxing." Aqua said sitting down, worn out from walking the mall. She dug into her Chinese food as Serina said, "It would have been if Elizabeth hadn't insisted on going into every store in the mall." "We didn't go into every store," said Elisabeth defensively. "Babies R Us does not count," said Serina.

As Serina and Elizabeth argued back and forth, Aqua checked her phone to make sure she had not missed any calls or texts. Sure enough, there was a missed call, but not a number she knew. There was also a text from the same number it read, Don't forget about training today- Firestar.

Aqua had almost forgotten about her training, it was her first day to figure out how to use her powers and she did not want to miss it. The only problem was her friends. She had to make up an excuse to leave, but what?

Aqua texted Maudie to have her pick her up in ten minutes, then finished eating her food rather quickly. "Hey guys, I just forgot that I promised I'd hang with Maudie the rest of the evening. I'm sorry I'm going to have to leave early." Aqua hated lying, that was one thing she tried her hardest not to do, but her friends would not exactly believe the truth either. "That's okay," said Elizabeth as Aqua threw out her trash and picked up her stuff. "We'll walk you to your car," said Serina and Elizabeth picking up their stuff and started heading in the direction of the mall parking lot.

Aqua said her goodbyes and thanked her friends for the fun time she had as she approached Stota's car that Maudie always used to drive when she was over. "Hello darling," Maudie said as she drove back to the house. "Everything okay?" "I'm okay, just kind of not feeling well," said Aqua clutching her stomach to make it look like she was not lying and that was the truth, she was so nervous to start training today that she could puke. "I can make you some of my homemade soup if you'd like, love?" "No thanks, I'm just going to go watch tv in my room and relax," said Aqua said as she gazed out the car window.