Chapter 22: Join Or Die

Aqua awoke in a dark room. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she noticed she was in the same cell BlackHawk had been in just hours earlier. His blood was still stained to the floor; either that or it was hers she was not sure about anything at this point. The feeling of cold metal brought her attention as she noticed her ankles were chained to the floor and her wrists to the wall behind her back.

Aqua tried to move, but a sharp pain hit her body reminding her of the earlier encounter with Sinergy where she had ended up being shot by his guards in several places before she was knocked out unconscious. Although the arrows were taken out of her body, the gaping holes were untouched by medical treatment.

Before she could think of an escape plan, the sound of footsteps echoed in the hallway just outside her cell. Two guards came into view followed closely by the man who had manipulated Stota into killing her parents, Sinergy. The first guard fished the set of brass keys out of his pocket and the cell door opened with a loud creak.

Without saying a word the guards stood at the entrance of Aqua's cell so Sinergy could talk to Aqua a little more privately. "I hope the cell is to your liking," said Sinergy as he got within a few inches of Aqua's face. Aqua did not respond to his attempt at conversation but looked him straight in the eyes almost challenging him. He could see the hate and rage that he had made her feel and it amused him so much, he could not help but smile. "Well, not much of a talker are we? I guess we can get straight down to business then. Aqua was it? I want you to join me. I know the power you possess, I've seen it, and it is incredible I have to say. If you join me we could rule this world and others together." Aqua stayed silent and continued to glare at him. "," said Sinergy leaning forward to intimidate her. "Either you join me or you die."

Aqua opened her mouth to say something, but spit in Sinergy's face instead. With anger coursing through her veins she says, "I will never join you." Sinergy smiled as he wiped her spit off of his face with his hand. This girl certainly has guts, he thought to himself. Then, without hesitation, he punched Aqua right in the face. Blood trickled out of her nose and she almost could not hear Sinergy over the pounding of drums in her head. "Then I have no further use of you. The execution will be carried out later this evening and if anyone tries to save you, I will not hesitate to kill them myself."

With that Sinergy left Aqua alone in her cell to live out her last few hours on Earth, hoping that her friends would not come to rescue her because she did not want them dead too even if that meant her rescue.