Chapter 15: Guardian Camp Battle

Over the past three days Aqua has rested and her wound, as Starla had said, was completely healed. Today was Aqua's first day back training and she was so happy to see that Darkmoon and BlackHawk were working together to teach her how to use a crossbow. After the lesson with the crossbow, Aqua learned how to use the other weapons Darkmoon had not taught her the first day they had used weapons.

Since the sun was setting, Aqua, BlackHawk, and Firestar said their goodbyes to Darkmoon, so they could get home and eat dinner. As they left, BlackHawk told Aqua and Firestar that he would have to return to Lamada because King Sinergy would start to question his whereabouts. Before leaving he told them he would keep them updated on Sinergy if he had any news, but right now he did not have anything. He had previously told them that Sinergy was building up his army for some unknown reason that he did not know about which did worry him.

After watching BlackHawk break from their group, Aqua took one last look at Darkmoon over her shoulder. As he began to shrink into the distance a knot formed in the pit of her stomach, something was going to happen and only time would tell. Aqua pushed those thoughts from her mind and continued the trek home. Once in the pool of the Frazee's backyard Firestar and Aqua saw Stota through the window of the house. Fear and hatred filled Aqua as she saw the face of the man who killed her parents.

After hopping out of the pool, Firestar turned into his cat form before Stota could see him. He looked up at Aqua and saw the mixed emotions flashing in her eyes. "You can't say anything. You know that right?" There was a short pause as Aqua contemplated her options. "Why? He killed my parents!"

"Aqua quiet down," whispered Firestar as he tried to quiet Aqua. "The reason you can't say anything to him is because he will kill you just like your parents if he found out you knew." Aqua had not thought about that, but how could she not do anything to the man that was responsible for murdering her parents.

Reluctantly Aqua said okay and snuck around to the front of the house through the side gate in the backyard. Once at the front door she grabbed the spare key that was hidden in a secret compartment in the lamp that hung by the door. As she turned the doorknob Firestar stopped her, "The necklace." He hissed. Aqua had almost forgotten, she took it off and stuck it in her pocket just as she opened the door.

Stota and Maudie stopped talking as Aqua walked in, which seemed a little weird to her. "Hey sweetie," said Stota walking over to give Aqua a hug. Aqua stood there stiff as a board as Stota hugged her, but he noticed this. "Is something the matter?" He asked. "No, just surprised to see you back so soon," said Aqua, which was true. "I've had a long and exhausting day, is it okay if I head to my room to relax?" "Sure, night Aqua," said Stota.

"I better head on out then," said Maudie grabbing her bags that she had already brought down earlier. Aqua ran over and gave Maudie a hug and said her goodbyes before heading to her room.

It was already eight o'clock and Aqua had no appetite for dinner so she just turned on one of her favorite shows The Flash and dozed off to sleep. A swift knock on her door woke Aqua up with a jolt, but when she opened her door there was nobody there, not even in the hallway. Aqua closed her door and stood there for a moment, then she heard the knock again, but it had come from her window. Why is someone knocking on my window? Aqua thought to herself. She turned on her light and walked over to her window to be met with BlackHawk's blue eyes staring at her. Aqua gingerly opened the window making sure to not make any noise. "What are you doing outside of my window? And how did you get up here? I'm on the second floor," Aqua hissed.

BlackHawk climbed through the window before explaining himself, "I climbed up the tree next to your window, but that doesn't matter what matters is the Guardian Camp." Just the mention of his home brought a groggy Firestar, who had been asleep on Aqua's bed, into the conversation. "What about the Guardian Camp?" He asked intently. "King Sinergy and his men are going to attack at midnight tonight. I ran as fast as I could to get here and tell you in time." Aqua raced over to her phone and checked the time. It read 11:53! "We've got seven minutes to get there! Let's go!" Said Aqua half whispering half yelling.