Chapter 10: A New Friend and Ally

BlackHawk's yelling could be heard throughout the entire Frazee house. Thank heavens Maudie had not returned yet otherwise Aqua would have to explain why she was applying hydrogen peroxide to BlackHawk's ribcage. Starting at BlackHawk's chest was a wolf bite that ended right above his waist; even though this nasty bite had been given to him during the fight earlier, it still hurt like a thousand needles puncturing his body.

Firestar was sitting on Aqua's bed with Band-Aids covering most of the arrow wounds that BlackHawk had given him. Since Firestar had been the worst injured she had treated him first, that and because she liked him more. "There," said Aqua as she put the last Band-Aid on BlackHawk's wolf bite. He winced in pain and stood up from the chair he was sitting on in the corner of her bedroom. "Thank you," said BlackHawk as he walked around.

Aqua heard the growl of her stomach and looked at the clock on her nightstand to see what time it was. It read 6:30. No wonder she was hungry and she would bet money BlackHawk and Firestar were too. "I'm going to go get some food from downstairs, do you guys want anything?" Aqua asked as she walked to her doorway. "Yes please," said Firestar. "I'd like something, it doesn't matter what," replied BlackHawk. "Okay, I'll be back soon," said Aqua as she left the guys in her room.

Aqua descended the stairs and entered the kitchen to prepare dinner for her guests. Not being a five-star chef, Aqua could not make anything elaborate so she stuck with the basics and made pasta. She set a pot of water on the stove and turned the heat on to high, as she waited for the water to boil she made drinks and heated up some frozen steaks from her freezer. Aqua heard the water boiling and poured the pasta in and she began to stir. After about ten minutes Aqua had pulled the pasta off the stove and divided it up evenly between three plates. Then she grabbed the butter, cheese, and sauce out of the fridge since she did not know what BlackHawk and Firestar wanted on their food.

Aqua grabbed the three plates and drinks and balanced them carefully, which was not an easy task, as she headed for the stairs. Her foot had only touched the first step when the sound of someone unlocking the front door caught her attention.

As the door opened the warm and cheery face of Maudie greeted her. How she had forgotten about her with all the chaos that went on previously that day was understandable. "Hungry are we?" Said Maudie pointing at the stack of plates and drinks Aqua was trying to balance making her look like a skilled waitress. "Yeah," said Aqua faking a smile and retreating to the stairs, hoping Maudie would not follow. "I'm just going to eat in my room and watch tv. If you need anything just call," she hated having to avoid Maudie like this, but she had to make sure Firestar, and especially BlackHawk, stayed hidden.

As soon as Aqua had finished her sentence she dashed up the stairs, leaving Maudie a little confused. She walked down the hallway then made a right into her room. No one was there. Good. Firestar and BlackHawk hid as soon as they had heard Maudie's voice. Aqua set the tower of plates down on her nightstand along with the drinks. Then the search began to find Firestar and BlackHawk before Maudie did.

She checked her bathroom first, no luck. Next, the guest bedroom. No one. Maude's room. Nope. Stota's room. Nope. Aqua went back to her room defeated. As she sat on her bed where she heard someone say, "Ow. You're on my hand." Aqua followed the sound to her closet where Firestar and BlackHawk had squished into together and were sitting on the floor in a very uncomfortable position.

"Maudie's downstairs for the moment, so eat quickly and quietly. Then we are going to see Darkmoon," said Aqua as BlackHawk began to eat the pasta with a very satisfied look on his face. The plain pasta that Aqua had cooked had to have been the best-tasting food he had ever had. The Lamada food consisted of bread and some meat that they had managed to kill, which was getting less and less, so BlackHawk ate like he had not eaten in days which was almost true. When food was really scarce, usually during the winter, BlackHawk would steal food from Sinergy's stash, which was so large he would never notice and gave it to the starving families in Lamada.