Chapter 13: Regrets

Aqua awoke the next day with a great pain in her arm that made her want to scream out, but BlackHawk was sitting in the chair in her room and once he saw her wake, he rushed to her side. "You must sit still and keep quiet. Your wound needs time to close," said BlackHawk quietly, for he did not want Maudie to know he was there.

Just the mention of the gash in her arm caused the memories to flood back from the night before. The surprise attack on Sinergy's men, killing all the guards and obtaining the deep cut in her arm. She also remembered BlackHawk taking care of her and leaving the supplies behind. The supplies! "What happened to the wagons?"

"After Firestar cleaned your wound and made sure you were not dead, I left and took the supplies; distributing the food, clothes and even a few medicines to the people of Lamada. I have never seen so much happiness in all of my life and if it was not for you, that would not have been possible, so thank you."

"You're welcome," Aqua replied and tried to add a smile, but it came out more like a grimace. She looked around her room expecting to see Firestar, but when she noticed he was not there, she just had to ask. "Where's Firestar?"

"He's downstairs fixing you breakfast. I think."

As if on cue, Firestar walked in holding a tray filled with her favorite breakfast foods; pancakes with syrup, some raspberries and a glass of water. As he set the tray down on her lap, Aqua noticed two blue pills next to the water. Firestar noticed her glance at them and said, "They're for the pain."

"Thank you Firestar, but you didn't have to do all of this," Aqua told him as he sat at the edge of her bed. "You're welcome and you deserve a good breakfast after what happened last night. And while we are on the subject; you can't go off trying to play the hero. What if you had died?" Aqua listened to him lecture her as if he were her father as she shoveled pancakes into her mouth. "How would you fulfill the prophecy?" At this point, Firestar knew she was not listening to him. "Aqua," this caused her to look up. "You need to be more careful or at least let me come along to protect you. This makes twice. I'm here, to keep you safe and alive." Aqua swallowed the last of her food and took a drink before responding.

"If I hadn't done that, the people in Lamada would still be starving and would not have any medicine."

"I know what you did was for a good cause, but the best thing you can do for those people is dethrone Sinergy. And you can't do that if you're dead." Aqua nodded in defeat. She knew he was right even if she did not outright say it.

After talking to Aqua, Firestar stood up from the bed and headed for the door. "What are you doing? Maudie will see you."

"She left a note saying she went out for the day and will be back sometime this afternoon," Firestar responded then left, but Aqua stopped him once more. "Wait." Firestar reappeared at the door. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to see Darkmoon and tell him you won't be able to make it to training today."

"I probably should come too and explain. It will sound better coming from me," said Aqua as she removed the covers and began to stand up. "Aqua you need to stay in bed," Firestar told her.

"Firestar, I cut my arm, I did not break my leg." BlackHawk smirked at the comment and followed Aqua out the door. Not arguing with a stubborn person like Aqua, Firestar sulked after them and towards the backyard.

Soon the three of them were back in the Forbidden Forest and heading toward the Guardian Camp, but since Firestar still did not trust BlackHawk, especially after last night, he had him wait with Aqua until he returned with Darkmoon.