Chapter 27: A New Start

Later, after the kingdom had been cleaned up of debris and bodies, the townspeople had been given the food and clothing they had been deprived of all the years Sinergy had been in power. BlackHawk and Aqua had managed to sneak out for a little alone time, after the battle that day.

The couple approached the hill that overlooked the kingdom, just as the sun began to set. Once at the top, Aqua and BlackHawk stopped, taking in the beauty of the landscape. "Your parents would be so proud," said BlackHawk. A smile appeared on Aqua's face imagining what her parents would say. "I couldn't have done it without you."

"Yes, you could have."

"I'm pretty sure I could not have."

"And I'm sure you could."

"Oh shut up and kiss me," ordered Aqua.

"Yes your majesty," BlackHawk said and did a small bow. Then he leaned in and kissed her. When their kiss ended, they looked out at the vast world that lied before them. BlackHawk grabbed Aqua's hand and intertwined hers with his.

All though no words were spoken, it was as if everything was said. The couple watched as the sun set on the horizon promising a new day and adventures that would soon follow that neither of them would do alone. They were in this together no matter what lied ahead.