Chapter 9: Being Followed

Aqua rolled out of bed at about nine on Saturday morning and changed into a black t-shirt and black pants. Firestar was nowhere to be seen at the moment, which was good considering he wanted to know why she had been late to bed. She glanced at her phone that contained the photo of the book from last night, all her answers lied on her nightstand. She would have to wait until Maudie left before she could look through it, so Aqua decided to have breakfast to stall.

As she entered the kitchen there was a small pile of bacon and eggs next to a note that said: Aqua, I'm out shopping then I am going to lunch. If you need anything, please call. Love Maudie.

Aqua quickly grabbed her plate of food, a glass of water and raced upstairs to read what she found yesterday in the Lamada library. When she entered her room, Firestar was there in his human form holding her phone, the picture of the hidden book showing. "What's this?" He asked trying to read it, but he had no idea what it said.

"None of your business," said Aqua as she snatched her phone out of his hands. "Is that the-" said Firestar, but he was interrupted by Aqua shushing him. "Yep," she replied bluntly as she headed over to her mirror and began reading the book that would answer all her questions.

"The water necklace is one of many powerful amulets in the world. The owner of this necklace will receive the gift to manipulate water to their liking. This necklace will be returned to the daughter of the great King and Queen and become the true heir of the Lamada Kingdom. When the darkest of times are upon Lamada the princess will shine a light on the truth that had caused so much pain, hatred, and betrayal. This princess will battle for honor, freedom, and love, but in the end, she will sacrifice everything for her loved ones."

Both Aqua and Firestar could barely breathe after reading this.

They both sat there in silence thinking about what the book said, how it tied into their lives and how it would shape their future. The weight of the book's words felt like a sack of bricks was just placed on her back and at any moment she would hit the floor.

"I guess Darkmoon was right," said Aqua fumbling with words. "About the prophecy." Firestar walked over to Aqua and sat down next to her on the bed. "Well that's pretty cool, knowing you're a part of something greater than yourself," Firestar said as he tried to comfort her. "Ya, but it's hard knowing that your whole entire life was a lie and my parents were killed trying to protect me." Aqua's shoulders slumped as she spoke. "That is hard, but you have to keep going now that you know the truth and maybe even do something about it."

"You're right," said Aqua sitting up a little more straight, confidence building inside of her. "Thanks for the advice." "Anytime," replied Firestar with a smile. "Okay," Aqua said placing her phone in her pocket and getting up.

"I don't know about you but I need to release some stress. How about we go for a small bike ride up to the woods, it's only ten miles away," suggested Aqua. "I'd love to, but I've got this old I-don't-know-how-to-ride-a-bike-injury, so I guess I can't go," said Firestar getting up and pretending to limp to the door. "Really?" Aqua said and playfully punched him in the shoulder. "Ow," said Firestar grabbing his shoulder pretending Aqua really hurt him. "Now I can't steer because you bruised my shoulder." "Oh come on I'll teach you how to ride a bike," Aqua said as she pushed him out the door and down the stairs to the garage.

The Frazee's four-car garage was huge with cabinets taking up one stall, each filled with sports equipment and other random items, and the other three stalls contained Stota's famous car collection. One of the cars was a cherry red Ferrari F60 America, another was a classic red '62 Corvette with white wall tires and the last was a brimstone black '69 Dodge Charger. The last car that filled the garage was a black Tahoe, but it was currently in use by Maudie. Even though she now hated the man, Aqua had to admit for an evil person he did have great taste in cars.