Chapter 5

Hi I was too lazy to assign a name to this chapter, so if this ever happens again I apologize! I'm finishing this up at midnight, and I will hopefully have the next part out tomorrow.

    Archie stood at the doorway, walking closer. "Wait, Betty, I was just—"

    Her nostrils flared, "I said, get out." She turned around and shoved the boxes under the bed.

    "Wait Betty... I didn't even read anything! I saw it was personal things and set it aside." He lied.

    "Sure you did Archie. Sure. I believe you." She said sarcastically. "What else did you go through?" She looked around the room, walking around. She stopped at her desk with her diaries flipped to various pages, and her most recent one missing. "You read my diaries and took one. I'm going to say it one more time Archie. Get the hell out." Betty's eyes flared at Archie.

    "Betty can we please just talk about this... I didn't read anything... recent. Look, my dad insisted I took all things that could be used for harm, out of your room. So I had to look around! I opened those boxes and shut them immediately." Archie reasoned.

    "As for the diaries? What about those?" Betty said, closing them.

    "I... I did... I did read a few... but, but I..." he looked down, admitting he was in the wrong, "I shouldn't have done that."

    "Damn right you shouldn't have." She sat down at the end of her bed.

    Archie walked over, and sat by her side. Just inches apart. "I'm sorry. I was blaming myself and wanted to know what I..." he placed his hand on her knee, "What I did wrong..." As he started moving his hand up and down, keeping near her knee, she became noticeably uncomfortable. Her breath increased, and her eyes filled with tears. She stood up, walking towards the opposite wall. "Betty, Betty are you okay!?" Archie asked, concerned.
-2:00 PM-
    Betty's breath increased even more, as she ran out of the room. She ran into her backyard, and then out to the back street. Archie followed her, Fred not knowing anything while still on the phone. Betty continued to run, farther, and farther. Soon they were in fox forest, and then Sweetwater River. Where all of the drama had begun, nearly a year ago. She slowed her pace, and Archie caught up with her. "Betty... what... shat happened!?"

    She planted heavily, "I—I can't— Archie..." she leaned into his chest, then hugging closely. After a few minutes she looked up into his eyes. Archie stares into them, glistening with stars. Soon, Betty pulled out of the hug. They began to walk along the deserted river, and talked with him. "My dad wants me to stay with you if you are going to be staying at your house, Betty. He wants to know you are safe, at all times." Archie said, looking at her.

    "Okay... I can make up the guest bedroom... or you could sleep with me, in my room... like old times." She smiled, remembering the countless nights in either of their rooms, laughing their heads off. She nudged his shoulder.

    "That would be amazing, Betty." He looked at the water, and began to slow his pace. Soon they were both just standing there as he looked around.

    "Arch? Are you okay? Is there someone there?" She looked around.

    "No, no... I was just looking... there's no one here." He stepped closer to the water's edge, and look off his shoes. And then his shirt.

    "Archie...?" Betty asked questionably, realizing what he was doing. She looked down, and then started to lift her sweater over her head. "Since you did bring me a swimsuit for my..." she whispered the next part, "undergarments." She contained to take off her white collared long sleeve, leaving her in the top of a swim suit.