Nightmares

-11:00 AM-
Betty stood up slowly and hovered above the counter, taking a drinking glass next to it and filing it up with water. She swallowed the water and set the cup back down, slowly walked out of the bathroom. Jughead quickly hurried over, and helped her walk to the couch. Archie grabbed her bowl of ice cream, pickles, and caramel sauce, and gave it to her. "If this still sounds good to you, you could eat it. Or we could make you something." Archie said, as Betty laid down on the couch. She sat up to eat it as Jughead went to get her a blanket from a nearby linen closet. When Betty finished, which was surprisingly fast, they began watching a movie. Jughead ended up next to her, on the inside of the couch while Betty laid down closeted to the outside. She drifted off to sleep, as the movie ended. It was still midday, but it was raining so hard outside it was dark. Archie got up from his chair and closed the curtains, so Betty could sleep better. She was soon quite, and Jughead hugged her waist close to his, preventing her from falling off the edge. Archie began to talk in a hushed tone, "Look, Jughead, should we still go swimming after she is this sick?"

"It's up to Betty. I wouldn't say yes, but it's all up to her." Jughead responded quietly. His head was above hers, but he sat up in an 30° angle so he could rest on his elbows without disturbing Betty. "Hey, Archie, I was looking for my S-shirt I left here, but I stumbled upon a letter. It was threatening her, to not tell. Have you seen it?"

Archie nodded, "When Betty was first in the hospital and we were cleaning her room up. I accidentally left the box out from under the bed and she almost kicked me out of her house entirely. She's hiding something, Jug. Something dark."

Jughead had seen her 'dark' side before, but he wasn't sure that it was related to that. Something disturbing, not just being a rebel, or a simple secret, like another role playing identity. But something horrific, something so bad had happened to her she wouldn't tell anyone. But Jughead was most surprised by the fact no one had mentioned of how the person would go after her best friend, Archie, and not Jughead, her boyfriend. He was the one she loved, right? Did something happen when he was gone? Jughead pushed these thoughts out of his head as he laid down with Betty. Archie got up and laid down on another couch, and they all fell asleep listening to the sound of the rain.

Until, that is, Betty started to shake violently. "No... stop.. get off of me! STOP!" She yelled these words while working her way through a nightmare. Jughead and Archie woke up at the sound of her distressed calls for help. Archie got up and knelt before her, just by her face. Jughead tried to shake her to wake, but she was screaming the same words until her entire body went from stiff, violently pushing, to limp. She woke up with a loud gasp and scared eyes, almost falling off the couch. She panted heavily.

"Betty! Are you okay?" Argue asked while pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Jughead frowned at this act.

She closed her eyes leaning back onto Jughead's chest. Her breathes slowed, "Yeah... just a bad dream. What time is it?" Jughead and Archie knew she was hiding something, but didn't want to push it.

Archie looked at the watch Veronica gave him for Christmas, and answered, "4:00 PM." Betty slowly got up with Archie's help, and stood up. She walked around as Jughead got up too. Betty looked all around the house while Jughead and Archie looked at each other trying to figure out why she woke up screaming.

Betty walked down the stairs and over to them, "My mom isn't anywhere to be seen."

"Hey Betty I have to go walk my dog, will you be okay?" Archie said, walking towards the door. She nodded, and turned to Jughead.

She hugged him and as Archie was leaving he saw them walk up the stairs to her bedroom. He pushed the gross idea of what they were going to do (probably) out of his head.

Betty shut the door behind her, and turned around to see Jughead trapping her against the door. She put her arms around his neck, and kissed him intently. She giggled when Jughead picked her up, and Betty wrapped her legs around his hips. He pressed her against the door as they contained to share heated, passionate, kisses. Jughead grabbed her thighs and carried her over to the bed, and Betty smiled at his beanie accidentally falling off of his head. Jughead sat her down at the edge of her bed, removing his jacket. He let it fall to the ground as he pinned her against the bed, kissing her. His kisses left her mouth, now along her neck. Betty grinned, and pulled his mouth back up to hers. She reached down to his  S-shirt's hem, and began pulling it off of him slowly. He stood upright to continue what she was doing, and threw it on the carpet next to his jacket. She wrapped her legs around his waist again, and this time felt the obvious bulge in his pants. She pulled away from his kisses, and looked into his eyes smirked. He rolled his eyes, and continued to kiss her. Just then, her phone started to ring, Jughead sighed as he stood up, and grabbed her phone. "Mama Cooper is trying to call you," he said as he handed Betty her phone. He sat down next to her on the bed as she sat up.

    "Sure mom. Oh... seven burgers, a chocolate milkshake, and a vanilla milkshake. See you then." She hung up, "My mom is picking up Pop's after she finishes up at the Register and wanted to know what our orders are. She's coming home in roughly 30 minutes so... we can't do everything." She sighed, but set the phone down.

    He leaned back on his elbows, and grinned as Betty climbed on top of him. She leaned down to kiss him, as the doorbell rang. They both sighed and got up. Jughead pulled his shirt back over his head, and grabbed his beanie. He placed it on his head as he walked downstairs, stopping halfway while Betty opened the door.

    "Oh... hey Kevin!" Betty fake smiled as she opened the door. He hugged her before walking inside.
-5:00 PM-
    Soon they were all curled up on the couch watching another movie. Betty's mom walked in the door, "Where did Archie go?"

"He had to go watch his dog, he said he would be back though. Kevin came over just a little bit ago." Betty responded not looking at her mother.

   "Glad I got extra burgers then. I have 12 burgers here and four milkshakes. I thought Jughead might eat more than one." Alice gave the bag and tray holding the milkshakes to Kevin and Betty, and walked upstairs.

    After a few minutes Archie walked in the door and joined them. They watched at least two movies that night, laughing their heads off while Betty kept her secret hidden from the world.

    They all fell asleep after Kevin left, and Jughead had to go too. Archie stayed and helped clean up, but fell asleep on the couch next to her. She slept soundly until she started to mutter things, eventually speaking in a harsh voice, causing Archie to wake up. He shook Betty after she started to mutter the words "Get off of me... Stop..." She woke up and stared at Archie, as he hugged her. She fell asleep with her head on his lap, and before she was asleep, he asked her a question.

    "Betty what was the nightmare about?" Archie asked.

    "That night... the night he... he..." Betty couldn't bring herself to stay it, still slightly lucid. She drifted off to sleep, terrified of what her mind had replayed over and over.

    Little did they know, next mornings events would overshadow any little kiss stolen between two lonely teens.

    Sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to leave it at a cliffhanger. Also, I thought you would want at least a little less than the normal amount than waiting a few days.