The Truth Comes Out

Betty wiped her tears as Veronica held her hand and hugged her while Betty swallowed the pills. Betty sighed, and leaned on Veronica's shoulder.
-6:30 PM-
A nurse exited Betty's room carrying a bloody bag (from the abortion and I took like half an hour researching that, but I still can't find that if you would have a cast or bandages or what if you broke your ribs so that is great). Jughead sat up, alone. Archie and Reggie got tired of waiting, and accepted the fact Betty might not even answer them at all. Then, Veronica left her room walking towards Jughead. She wiped her tears, and tried to walk past him.

When Jughead blocked her she said in a shaky voice, "Out of my way, Jones."

Jughead answered, "Can I go in at least?"

"Yeah. She's asking for you. But she's pretty tired and well... not looking good. Now, get out of my way because I'm going to go kill your best friend." Jughead assumed she was talking about Archie, and him kissing girls, so he decided to ignore the comment.

He slowly walked up to the room, and this time the guard let him in. The guard closed the door, and Jughead was already tearing up just seeing Betty lying away from him.

"Hey Betts..." He said softly, as Betty shifted, sitting up and facing toward him. She sighed, as Jughead sat at the other end of the hospital bed.

Betty curled her legs up, into a cross legged position over the covers (or criss-cross applesauce because I'm a teenager and still call it that). She sighed, as Jughead looked up and down her body. She was covered in bruises and cuts, and causing Jughead to inhale sharply.

Betty pulled her arm out slightly wincing at the pain, but holding his hand. "Hey..."

"Hey..." Jughead said, still not meeting her eyes.

"Veronica said the deputy let it slip about my... previous incidents." Betty said, looking away from him.

"Yeah. He did." Jughead said, glancing up at her.

Betty made eye contact with Jughead, and pulled a strand of hair behind her ear, "I assume you want to know what happened." Jughead nodded slowly.

"It all started the night of my serpent initiation. You told me to go back to your trailer and wait for you, and you seemed happy about me joining but not about me... doing the dance." Jughead nodded, as Betty continued, "I was sitting at your trailer when he entered. He said you sent him to grab something, and I was watching tv stretched out across your couch, slightly tipsy. I grabbed a blanket to cover myself but he pulled it away and said he would be gone in a second. I didn't care, and continued to watch tv. He sat down next to my legs, and put his hand on them. I told him to stop but he didn't... and ended up ripping the lingerie in his pursuit to..." there was a long silence before Betty started talking again.

"He left me in your trailer crying and he left bruises on me. I left the trailer an hour after, to go home. I took your s-shirt to wear while I walked home. I saw him around with you constantly, and sometimes when you were gone for a while... Like at Cheryl's pool party while it was winding down he would grab me. He would sometimes force me into the woods, or in a private room. I almost talked to you, Jug, but he sent me a threatening letter. He started to show up at my house... and... It continued after you went away. He showed up more often, because you weren't around with me." She choked on her words, tears streaming down her face, along with Jughead's.

"Then I decided to... end it. I didn't want to have to be forced anymore... Then, while I was at your trailer I started noticing signs. Signs of," She inhaled sharply, "pregnancy. I took a test and it said negative, but the signs continued. Then, I took another. It said yes, and I got scared. I didn't tell you because... because I didn't know if it was even yours."

Jughead looked at her eyes, "I wouldn't care, and I still don't, Betty." He placed his hand on her stomach, realizing the bump had went away and been replaced with a bandage. She winced at the pain, and Jughead pulled away confused.

"Then, last night I went to Sweetwater bridge. Where he found me. He grabbed me and pulled me to shore, trying to rape me again. But I begged him not to because it would hurt the..." Betty sniffles and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand, "the baby. He started to beat me up to kill the baby, Jug. He left me unconscious." Betty started to cry more and more as Jughead moved closer to her.

"The baby died, Jug." Betty sobbed and greatly accepted the hug being offered to her from Jughead.

"Who, Betty?" Jughead asked in a calm voice.

"Jug..." Betty said resting her head on his collar bone.

"Please, Betty." Jughead said.

"Sw...ea..." she murmured softly, so he couldn't hear all of it.

"Who?" Jughead asked again, pulling Betty at arm's length, with his hands on her shoulders. Betty looked into his eyes, "Sweet Pea." Jughead got off the bed quickly and ran out the door, without saying anything. Betty started to cry harder, as the deputy shut the door behind Jughead.

Veronica was being picked up and driven by her driver to Sunny Side Trailer Park. When she arrived she stepped out of her limo, and walked up to a random trailer and knocked, "Where is Sweet Pea's trailer?" When someone answered she went to that trailer. She knocked on it, eventually pounding on the door before giving up.

Meanwhile, through a nurse who's little brother was Sweet Pea, mentioned that a girl his age ended up in the emergency room last night. As Jughead left the hospital and climbed on his bike, within five minutes Sweet Pea arrived on his. He walked through the hospital and asked at the counter, "Hi, I forgotten where my girlfriend's room is. Elizabeth Cooper?"

"Oh you're back. Room 439, fourth floor." The nurse said smiling.

"Thank you." Sweet Pea smiled back gamely before rolling his eyes while walking towards the elevator.

He walked through the hall until he found the room, and looked around. The deputy was in another hallway at a vending machine, so Sweet Pea entered the room. Betty was crying, so her vision was cloudy and distorted.

"Oh Jug you're ba—" Betty's said before wiping her eyes and getting a clearly view.

Sweet Pea was holding a black hand gun, aimed at Betty's head. "Get up, Princess. You are going to put on these clothes," He tossed a bag of Toni's clothes at her, "And we are leaving."

Betty's breath trembled, as much as it did her voice, "Okay."

Betty slowly got up from the bed, and pulled on Toni's black leggings, and pulled off her hospital gown to take Toni's pink tank top and pull it over her head. She watched Sweet Pea hold the gun aimed at her head the entire time, and when she was done she said something quietly, "Okay. I'm done."

"What was that?" Sweet Pea asked angrily, holding the gun closer to her head.

"I'm-I'm don-ne!" Betty said louder.

"I'm going to put the gun away and we are going to walk outside the hospital. But don't think for a second that if you even look at someone, I won't shoot you." Sweet Pea said putting the gun back in his coat pocket. He motioned Betty to come forward, and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Smile, act normal."

"Okay." Betty said, walking outside the room. The deputy was talking with a nurse, so Betty closed the door to her room. She put on a smile, and walked faster when Sweet Pea started to push her along.
-8:00 PM-
Jughead's motorcycle went from the trailer park to the White Wyrm, before giving up, for that day at least. He headed back to the hospital, when another bike passed him, two people on it. Both were wearing helmets, one boy, one girl. (If you can't pick up, it's Sweet Pea and Betty that Jughead is passing).

Jughead parked his bike before walking up to Betty's room. "Hey, Deputy..." he looked at the name tag, "Meyer."

"Sir, you can come in." The deputy replied, stepping aside eating a bag of trail mix.

Jughead glanced at the empty room with a duffel bag and hospital gown laid down on the bed and looked back at the deputy, "Where is she?"