Searching

"I didn't plan to, princess. But now that you mention it? You have been such a pain in my ass lately. I think I need to relax." Sweet Pea's voice was stern, and pulled her to a clearing by the river. He pushed her down to the ground.

"No, Sweet Pea, please." Betty said, trying to crawl backwards.

Sweet Pea unbuckled his belt, "But Princess, I don't think you understood. I am going to get my way. Whether you like it or not."

Sweet Pea got down on his knees and grabbed her ankles pulling Betty toward her. Betty squirmed and tried to stop his hands from grabbing her legging's hem, but he pushed them aside.

"Stop. Please, I'm begging you." He pulled her leggings down to her knees, and crawled up to her waist. He sat down on it, so she couldn't move as he unzipped his jeans.

"Please. Please Sweet Pea. I'll do anything." Betty said, now crying.

"No, because you deserve to be punished you filthy whore." Sweet Pea said, while pulling his jeans down to his knees.

He started to grab Betty's underwear before she blurted something out, "Please Sweet Pea. It's going to hurt the baby." Sweet Pea stopped immediately, and stared at her.

"Thank you Sweet Pe—" Betty started to pull up her leggings when a hard blow to her stomach hit her.

Sweet Pea kicked her in the stomach, and everywhere. Betty went from a crying, screaming, squirming mess to a limp, bloody, body on dirt by the side of a river. Her face was bloody, having taken a few blows it self. Her ribs were broken, and Sweet Pea just zipped up his jeans and buckled his belt.
-1:35 AM-
He walked away leaving her at the river's side, unsure if she was dead. He looked at his shoes before entering Jughead's trailer. Archie was lying on the couch taking to Fangs and Jughead. Archie had come back to say sorry, while Fangs came back to report that he couldn't find her. "I couldn't find her. I'm sorry. I looked on the Greendale side of Sweetwater River too." Sweet Pea said, lying.

Jughead shook his head, "No. This can't be right. Where the hell is she?"

"Jughead we should call Sheriff Keller. She's been gone for hours." Archie suggested, sitting up. Jughead nodded, and went into his bedroom to make the call.

"Sheriff, I'm sorry to bother you at this time but... Betty's missing. She has been for hours and no one can find her." Jughead said, sitting on his bed, staring at the mirror in front of him.

"Okay, when was the last time you saw her?" Sheriff Keller asked sitting up from his desk.

"Uhh... I don't remember. 9? She stormed out of my trailer and ran into the rain. We look for hours, but we can't find her." Jughead said, shaking his head. He stared at his bloody cuts and bruises in the mirror, inspecting them as he talked.

"Okay, thanks Jughead. We'll send out a missing person's report and make sure people know to look for her." Sheriff Keller said, standing up from his desk to make the report.

Sweet Pea and Fangs laughed about some dumb joke while Archie stared at them in discomfort. Jughead walked out, and immediately Archie's eyes were looking at him, sending some type a warning.

"What's going on?" Jughead asked, trying to figure out why Archie was so upset.

"Sweet Pea was just telling us about this girl he fucked a couple weeks back. You tell the story." Fangs said, unknowing Sweet Pea was talking about Betty.

"So, we were at my place, and she just begs me, but after she is crying and yelling at me. Then, she wants me again! She was such a filthy whore." Sweet Pea said, lying about practically everything.

"Can you not say that about a girl?" Jughead said, rolling his eyes. "Also can you get the hell out of my trailer because it's almost two in the morning?" Sweet Pea rolled his eyes, while the other boys left.

Jughead laid down in his bed, staring at the ceiling. It wasn't right. Betty wouldn't leave Riverdale, she couldn't. She didn't have enough money and she didn't know that many people outside of Riverdale.
-5:47 AM-
Jughead woke to a loud banging noise on his trailer's door. He slowly got out of bed, as the pounding continued. "All right, all right I'm coming..." He said waking up.

He pulled on a pair of jeans and shirt, walking towards the door. He rubbed his eyes while opening the door adjusting t the light while he was pushed back while Veronica stepped inside looking all over his trailer. "Veronica? What the hell..."

"Shove it Jughead. Where's Betty?" Veronica asked coming out of his bedroom after looking around.

"She's been missing for hours. Don't you know?" Jughead said, forgetting Veronica doesn't know a thing that happened that summer.

"Missing? I swear to god if you are joking..." Veronica said, walking towards him and placing her purse on the table.

She walked over to the door and pulled her suitcase inside from the damp steps, "I'm not. Why don't you sit down so I can explain?" Jughead said, walking over to his couch and sitting down.

"Okay, okay. So first of all, what fight did you and my girl get into?" Veronica said, crossed her legs.

"I don't know how to tell you this but, Archie kissed her, and Betty pushed him away from her and—" Jughead rambled.

Veronica rolled her eyes, "I don't care who Archie kissed or didn't kiss. He kissed a new girl every week and comes back to me."

Jughead coughed, "What?"

"I don't care. He stopped recently but, as long as Betty pushed him away it's okay. Now, why is she missing? I thought she would have come back from Sweetwater River." Veronica said, placing her hands on her knee.

"Sweetwater River? She was there?" Jughead said, sitting up and staring at her.

"Yeah. Around 10:00-11:00 PM. She texted me." Veronica replied.

"Shit but Sweet Pea looked there. He crossed the bridge. She couldn't be there." Jughead responded sighed and slumping down into the couch.

"So what's the plan?" Veronica asked.

"I... don't have one. We looked until 2 in the morning last night." Jughead said, rubbing his eyes.

"Well why don't you get a shower because you reek, and I'll go home and put my suitcase away. I'll call Archie and you meet me there. We can continue to look for her." Veronica said getting up and walking towards her suitcase and purse.

Veronica grabbed her purse while Jughead stood up, "Veronica I got less than three hours of sleep, can this wait until at least 8?"

Veronica rolled her eyes, "Okay fine. No later than 8 or I will slit your throat." She walked out the door, and closed to behind her while Jughead stumbled his way back into his bedroom. He fell asleep as soon as he hit the covers, and was soon awakened by Veronica calling him at 7:00 AM.

"Get up sleepy head. Shower and drive over here. Don't bother eating because I had Smithers put together a buffet table. It's waiting for you." Veronica said before hanging up. She sat down at placed plates at the large table.

    Jughead got up and showered, and got dressed in jeans and another s-shirt. He pulled his serpent jacket and beanie on, and got onto his motorcycle. Archie was already there, so when Jughead walked in they were sitting at the table eating.

    Jughead got himself a large plate to eat; and sat down at the end of the table. "Okay, so what's the plan?" He asked.

    "First, we eat. Then we canvas the town. Why the hell would she go missing in the first place, though. Other than the fight. What happened over the summer?" Veronica replied.

    "Betty tried to—" Archie tried to talk.

    Jughead cut him off, "It's not our place to say." Archie shook his head while Veronica rolled her eyes.
-8:30 AM-
    Meanwhile, Reggie Mantle is jogging on his normal path through the town, into Fox Forest and by Sweetwater River. Listening to music, he ran along the river's side, and began to cross the bridge when he stopped, looking down at a phone, alone, on the bridge. He picked it up and looked around, eventually seeing the bloody body across the river.