Sleep Tight

-11:34 PM That Night-
Jughead was only in his boxers as Betty put on his shirt to sleep in. They were both cuddling under the covers when her breath became shaky. "Jug, can I stay with you?" She asked looking up at his loving eyes.

He kissed her and replied with his raspy voice, "Nothing would make me happier."

Jughead fell asleep soon, and Betty spent the next hour staring at the ceiling purely lit by the moon. She drifted to sleep peacefully.
-8:40 AM-
Betty shifted and turned in the bed. She didn't notice Jughead was already up, eating breakfast. He was munching on some cereal, since he didn't have much food. He was reading the newspaper in his boxers and another clean shirt, since Betty was wearing the one from the night before. Betty's eyes fluttered open as sunshine came through his window, she turned back to where Jughead was, but realized he was gone. She got up slowly and walked into the kitchen. "Morning." She said sweetly before grabbing another bowl.

"Morning Betts," Jughead said looking up from the paper. She made herself a bowl of cereal before sitting down at the small round table across from him. She began to eat, before they engaged into a conversation. "Betty, what happened to you at the sisters?"

Betty sat up, "they would drug me hourly, and send me around the property to either stare at bushes in a garden or stare at a board game all day long." She sighed, before Jughead's hand tilted her chin upwards. She smiled, and finished her cereal. "So, Jug... do you still feel like having me move in with you?"

Jughead nodded, and got up to take their bowls. He placed them in the sink, and turned around to reveal Betty breathing heavily staring at the floor. She was standing up griping the table. "Betty?"

She panted heavily, "Mhm?"

"You okay—" Jughead asked but stopped talking when Betty ran to the bathroom. She started to puke again, and Jughead ran after her and pulled her hair back. She coughed into the toilet, and sat down against the wall.

"Gosh, Betty you have been puking for weeks. Are you sure you are okay?" Betty nodded silently before Jughead helped her up, and she brushed her teeth with a spare toothbrush. Jughead led her back into bed, to rest.

Betty got up immediately after she sat down though, "I want to go back to my house and get my phone."

Jughead nodded, "I'll drive you."

"No!" Betty said too quickly, "I mean... I want to see if I can get it fixed and pack some things up."

Jughead frowned but smiled, "If that's what you want." Betty was dressed within a few minutes, and she borrowed Jughead's motorcycle as he sat down to type his novel. She went to her house and grabbed her phone which had a note attached to it, Hey Betty I got this fixed for you, -Kevin. She smiled, and got back onto the motorcycle. But then, she drove to the mall, where no one would recognize her. Betty parked the motorcycle and walked inside to a small convince shop next to it, and scanned the rows. She finally picked up a rectangular box, a pregnancy test.

She walked up to the counter and handed the woman the exact amount of money, and the lady just smiled and respected her privacy before saying "Have a good day." Betty's walked out of the store quickly and hurried back onto the bike. She drove back to Jughead's place, and stuffed the test into her coat pocket.
-3:00 PM, Jughead P.O.V-
I just finished writing a chapter for my novel when I heard the familiar sound of my bike pull up to my house. She was gone for a long time, but I shrugged non the less. She opened the door, and smiled at me. It almost, almost, made me forget about Archie's words about her cheating on me. I smiled back, before she entered the bathroom. I turned on the TV and started to watch the news, waiting for Betty. She was taking unusually long, but came out within 10 minutes, I didn't really care about why she was in there for so long, but she looked a little different. Her eyes were dull, but sat down next to me after removing her coat. We watched another movie together, before I started a conversation. "So..."
-Not Jughead's POV anymore, third person-
"So..." Betty continued, "You weren't horny last night." Jughead choked, and then laughed.

"Well, I can be..." He turned towards Betty, and lorded over her, kissing her and pressing her against the couch. Lust filled his eyes as his hands trailed her shape.

Betty chuckled, "Jughead it's midday, and you don't even have any blinds. People would see us." She came up with an excuse.

Jughead groaned and sat up, "Okay then." She smiled and pulled her in for another kiss.

...

Over the next few days Jughead often found Betty staring at her belly in the bathroom mirror. Every time he wrapped his hands around her waist and whispered something like, "You're perfect." She would always smile but then look back at the mirror intently.
-8:00 AM-
Today he found her doing it again, but this time he noticed she was slightly bigger than before, but whispered the same words on the less. She walked out of the bathroom, and tried getting dressed. She started to pull on a pair of skinny jeans that used to fit her, but Jughead noticed her struggle to pull the zipper up. She eventually gave up on the jeans, and grabbed a pair of leggings. "Hey Jug? Can I have... a... Ohh yes. A burrito from that Mexican place with whipped cream and cherries on it?" She smiled innocently, as Jughead smirked.

"I'm not sure they sell that but okay." He smiled and got up to go get it. "Why doesn't Archie come over? We can play board games like yesterday." Jughead suggested before opening the door, "Toni could come too. Or Cheryl."

Betty smiled when she heard the girl's names, "I'll text them now." Betty did infact next them almost right after Jughead left, but he told Archie to wait an hour, and for the girls to come immediately. Jughead stopped at Archie to hang out with him separately for a bit before getting the food.

Soon Cheryl, Toni, and Betty were in Jughead's living room on the floor in a circle. "You guys... I'm scared..." Betty let out a gasp after explaining everything that happened with her to them. "It said negative but... I'm growing and having weird cravings, also my feet are swollen."

Cheryl hugged her, "Don't worry girl. If it was negative, it probably is. Swollen feet can just be a sign of gaining weight. And weird cravings? Yesterday I ate bananas with chow mein, everyone has them." Toni agreed nodding her head.

"Hey look cousin, we have to go. Toni's brother is having a party." Cheryl said, before getting up and leaving. Soon the boys were back, and Betty smiled after he saw Jughead carrying a burrito, and a bag with a whipped cream bottle and a jar of cherries inside. She sat on the couch, as Archie sat next to her. Really close. Jughead's back was turned making the burrito as Archie snaked his hand against Betty's waist, and pulled her into a hug from behind. She smiled and chuckled, hoping it was just a sign of friendship. Jughead came back into the room a minute later, handing her the burrito. Betty are it quickly leaning back onto Archie's chest.

"Hey guys I think I'm going to go take a nap. Sorry..." Betty said, getting up and walking into the bedroom. Jughead sat down next to Archie, and began a conversation in a low whisper.

"Archie I'm worried about Betty. She's staring at her stomach A LOT, puking, and I'm not saying this is a bad thing or anything, but she's also gaining a lot of weight. She can't even fit into the skinny jeans that were little too big for her a few months ago." Jughead said.

"I... Wait... Jug." Archie chuckled and snorted.

"What!?" Jughead bursted out.

Archie smirked and looked into Jughead's eyes, "Your girl is pregnant." He but his bottom lip to try and stop himself from laughing at the look of absolute bafflement on Jughead's face.

"No. No!" Jughead shook his head, "I mean... no!" Archie laughed quietly, before getting up and patting Jughead on the back.

"Sorry but because your entire family is sleeping in the next room, I'm going home. See you later dad." Archie teased Jughead as he walked out of the trailer. Jughead's eyes stared at a pillow for the longest time convincing himself it wasn't true.
-5:00 PM-
Betty woke up from her nap, and got out of the bed groggily. Jughead heard her get up, and quickly rushed to her side. He smiled at her, not making eye contact, but obviously freaking out. Betty sat down at the dining table in the next room, and stared at Jughead with his wide eyes staring at the fruit bowl. "What the hell is up with you Jug?" Betty asked confused.