Waking

-11:00 AM-
Jughead stood in a day of sunlight, breathing in the fresh air, and after a quick moment he walked over to his bike.

"You are? Boy I just came back for you!" FP said confused.

"Toledo dad. While family together. I'll take high school there. You wanted to reconnect with mom anyhow." Jughead said grabbing his helmet.

Climbing into his own bike FP answered back, "Okay, Jughead. But I think I'll stay here. Your mom and I had a fight."

Jughead nodded, and climbed onto his bike. Revving the engine, he smiled. A little high on jingle jangle from Fangs, but he wouldn't let anyone know that.
-2:00 PM-
Archie gasped slightly, glancing around. He winced as he got up, sore from sleeping in a crappy chair.

He glanced around, and started to walk towards Betty's room. As he got close, arms length from the door he could hear a small sniffle. The guard let Archie past and opened the door for him.

Archie entered, and the guard closed the door behind him. Archie's mouth dropped as he saw Betty, knees up to her chest, tears running down her face, clutching a letter.

With the word Betty on the envelope next to her foot, Archie recognized the handwriting. Jughead wrote the letter she was weeping over.

Betty glanced up, eyes red and swollen from the tears, and she lifted up her right hand to wipe the tears. She let her left hand holding the letter drop to her side. Her right hand came close to her face shakily, and it started to increase in the movements.

Archie walked a bit closer, concerned. Betty opened her mouth only to gasp for air, leaving it open. She started to sob, and her hand shakily rested on her chin, over her mouth.

Archie ran over to her, sitting next to her left side, hugged her as she leaned into his chest, crying.

Betty let go of the letter, so Archie grabbed it and started to read.

Dear Betty, my love.

They always said it was "meant to be." I never realized how much it was true, but then I read the writing between the lines.

Betty, my life, my entire world, and I... I've brought you nothing but pain. The Southside has brought your pain. The places I hang out, the people I hang out with, they have hurt you.

I'm sorry for that, Betty. So I have to leave. I'm going away, and I won't come back. You'll be better without me. Please, forget about me.

Please get better,
Jughead.

Archie exhaled, slightly knowing what was writing was entirely true. Betty winced slightly, as Archie put his right hand around her head, and his left around her body. Hugging her closely.

    "Betty... Sheriff Keller is outside waiting for you." Archie whispered into her ear.

    Betty exhaled loudly, and pulled away from him. She sighed, and wiped her tears. Putting on a fake smile and waiting for the redness on her face to disappear, she stared at the wall.

    After a few minutes Betty looked "normal," really just like she hadn't been crying.

    Betty pushed all thoughts of Jughead out of her mind, and exclaimed "You can come in!" Just loud enough for Sheriff Keller to hear.

    Archie sat down in the chair to Betty's left, as Betty sat up, propped against the pillows.

    Sheriff Keller walked inside, closed the door softly, and while looking down he walked over to the chair directly across the room from Betty.