The Bridge

Jughead called Archie, Sweet Pea, and Fangs immediately. They all came quickly, based on his frantic voice on the other end of the call. They all opened the door and walked into the trailer at the same time, to reveal Jughead pacing back and forth in his living room, which was almost destroyed, and tears streaming down his face. His eyes were red, and looked up at the boys. They quickly walked over to him, and tried to hug him but Jughead pushed them away.

"Stop. You guys... Betty and I got into a fight. Look, she's out there somewhere in the storm freezing cold and..." Jughead trailed off and wiped his tears.

"I'm not even going to say what it was about," Jughead continued, glaring at Archie.

"Okay. We'll help you. Do you want us to go search for her?" Sweet Pea asked crossing his arms. Jughead nodded.

"Okay, but where will we look?" Archie asked, slightly stressed that his best friend was alone in the middle of a rain storm.

"We'll split up. Archie you'll go to her house, Jughead go to Pop's, Sweet Pea Look on Fox Forest, while I'll drive around town looking for her." Fangs proposed.

"Keep in touch, let's go." Jughead said, going to the door and grabbing his south side serpent jacket. They all either went into their cars or motorcycles, driving off to their destinations.

Betty sobbed staring down at the water below her. I was right. Jughead... he never even... What's the point? I tried to stay alive for Jughead, but he clearly doesn't care. Betty thought about just jumping off the bridge into the water, but she resisted. She grabbed her phone and stared at the screen. 87 Missed Calls from Jughead 💕... 7 Missed calls from Archie... 3 Texts from V♥️... Betty opened her phone up and started to read the texts from her best friend.

Hey girl! What's up?
I have the MOST DEVINE dress which would look amazing on you.
B? You there?

Betty started to reply, Hey V. Yeah I'm here. I'm currently sitting outside in the middle of a rainstorm on Sweetwater Bridge. Jug and I had a fight. A tear hit her phone's screen protector, along with several drops of rain.

Text conversation below:
V- Oh no girl, what happened? Did he cheat on you? Because if so I will crush him under my Prada heel.
B- No... V, I have something I need to tell you. Can you please come home?
V- Say no more. I'm on my way to the airport. See you in a couple hours.

Betty smiled, and wiped her tears.

Jughead opened the door to Pop's revealing the empty diner, and stormed outside. He got on his bike to go to her house.

Archie opened the lock to her house and ran inside. "BETTY! ARE YOU THERE?" He yelled, checking through every room before admitting defeat to go to Pop's to see if Jughead had any luck.

Fangs rode his motorcycle dangerously in the storm, looking around to see the Northside Princess walking through the streets.

Sweet Pea ran through the forest, tripping and groaning while he looked for his best friend's girl. He rolled his eyes getting up covered in mud. "Why the hell does it HAVE TO BE RAINING IN SUMMER?" He looked up to the sky as it rained. "HMM?"

Betty heard the voice echoing through the forest, and ignored it as some person in their house. She stared at the water trickling on the river, and the rain slowed down. She laid her back onto the wet boards of the bridge, staring up at the stars. There's the Big Dipper... Oh! There's the Little Dipper!

She pointed out star constellations staring up at the night sky. She rubbed her stomach, and murmured "It'll all be over soon. Don't worry." She talked to herself even more, "I'll grow up, and have the house all to myself. Maybe Jughead... or someone else will be with me. And I'll live happily ever after."

Veronica ran through the airport, and boarded the next plane to Riverdale. She carried a box of Magnolia cupcakes, because like her mother says, there's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix.

Jughead called the others, although Sweet Pea didn't get anything because there was no reception in the middle of Fox Forest. "Guys, go back to the trailer. I haven't found her yet." He said.

"Okay. See you there." Archie replied.
-11:42 PM-
Jughead opened the door to his trailer revealing Archie and Fangs sitting inside. "I can't find her. You guys I'm really worried."

Archie stood up and tried to pat him on the back, "Me too, Ju—"

Jughead moved Archie's hand away from him. "Don't even say you care, Arch."

Archie made a confused face, "What?"

"Betty told me about you kissing her. That's what the fight was about. So don't even say you care if you seriously don't give enough respect to her to realize she already has a boyfriend." Jughead boasted.

    "Excuse me, but I don't think she even cared after you got her pregnant. Or? Did you? Maybe it was the guy she slept with after you went away." Archie yelled.

    Fangs's eyes were wide, staring at the two teens reveal things about someone he didn't know that well. Jughead punched Archie square in the face, making him fall down onto the coffee table and crushing it. Jughead started to beat Archie up, but Archie was already regaining his strength.

    He punched Jughead, making him fall down. Archie climbed on top of Jughead and continued to punch him as Fangs slipped out, to continue looking for the girl they were fighting about. Jughead's arms were pinned down under Archie's knees.

    Archie continued to beat Jughead up until his face was bloody, and Jughead muttered "Stop..." Archie climbed off of Jughead, as Jughead turned and coughed up blood onto his rug.

    "Jughead I kissed her. Sure. But I didn't do anything else after that. And I'm sorry she's pregnant, but you can't be mad at me. You can't take your anger out on me about this." Archie said. He opened the door to the trailer and while about to close the door he muttered, "Sorry man." He closed the door and left the broken boy inside.

    Jughead got up from the broken pieces of the table, and walked over to his kitchen. He grabbed a rag and ran water over it from the sink. He placed it on his head as he sat down on his bed. Jughead laid down and grabbed his phone, calling Betty one last time.

    Betty saw who was calling her, and finally decided to pick up. "Hello?" She said with he voice trembling.

    "Betty I'm sorry. Please come home and we can talk this out." Jughead said, staring at his ceiling.

    "Jughead every time we've had a fight this summer you've been... aggressive. You've grabbed my arm twice now." Betty said, lying down staring at the stars before her eyes.

    "I'm sorry, Betty. Please, just please... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. If you come home I can make it up to you." Jughead replied.

    "How? How are you going to make thsi up to me? I have a fucking bruise on my wrist Jug. You hurt me." Betty continued.

    "B— plea— I— any—ing. C—home." Jughead said, the calling breaking up.

    "Jug? You there?" Betty said, getting no reply. She pulled her phone away from her ear and sat up. She stared at the phone screen, Call Ended. She sighed loudly, and set her phone down behind her. She stared at the water, before starting to get up. Suddenly she heard footsteps behind her and an arm yanking her up to stand.

    "What the hell!" She said, staring at the dark figure in front of her. She started to make out who it was under the moon's light, but was, but she was soon being pulled along to shore. "Hey my phone is on the bridge dumbass." Betty said with fire in her voice.

    "Don't care. You're coming with me." Said an all too familiar voice that she recognized.

    "Sweet Pea..." She said, terrified. "Please. Just don't hurt me."